29 Jun 2021

THE STORKS OF CHELLAH MOROCCO

In Rabat  is a district called Chellah which was built on a Roman city which was discovered during excavations. There is a lot to see in Chellah and it is really beautiful ! Perhaps it is precisely because of this that hundreds of storks have chosen to build their nests here.

Never ever in my life I have seen so many storks at once. They were everywhere ! Those who believe that storks brings babies should go there and  order some, there are more then enough. 

I have visited Chellah while also visiting Rabat on a tour around Morocco's main cities you can read more about Rabat and Chellah here.


















more participants here

9 comments:

  1. It must be noisy for anyone living nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they storks? We don't have them here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correction. We do have black necked storks here. I've never seen or heard of one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I have never seen so many together, great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been lucky to have visited Chellah a few years ago and have witnessed and photographed these interesting birds in person. It's the first time I saw these birds in person.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grew up in a town called Rabat but it is in Malta and there are no storks. Wow, Chellah is full of them. They must be quite beautiful to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that's phenomenal - you're right that's a lot of babies about to be born haha!
    A wonderful sight. I would love to go to Morocco one day those buildings are amazing too!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !