2 Jul 2021

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

I had to go to the city hall to get the codes for Mr. G's identity card, as he doesn't remember and I can't find them nowhere. I needed them for the tax declaration. 

My neighbor came over at 4 for a cup of coffee and we sat on the balcony and chatted. This was the last time I used the balcony this week ! 

Scrabble day, first a little rain then sunshine and we could sit outside under the  Pergola and eat our cake after having played. Chantal because of her two sons is a football (soccer) fan and had put two little Belgian flags on her car. At the end of the afternoon a thunderstorm arrived and we drove home. We were quicker home then the thunderstorm, but then it was in some parts of Belgium a real catastrophe with flooding, mud and destroyed houses. 


Fortunately in our district there was nothing except a bit water in the garages.

The next day began real bad ! I was still in bed at 9 am which I think is a normal time for a vintage lady when it rains cats and dogs outside ! Of course the phone rang it was the social assistant who wanted me to look for a retirement home for Mr. G. 

Without coffee I first didn't understand what she exactly wanted, she told me that now he is ready to go into a retirement home. I sent her to hell and said I first want to talk with the doctor before I do or say anything. She said she would send me a brochure with the names of all retirement homes here around.

When I was fully awoken, I got really angry ! After all, it's her job to organize a decent place for him and first also ask me in which price range.  I was so furious that I didn't even know what to do ! Nursing homes were just as strange to me as as a new lighthouse. I decided not to do anything anymore and hid behind my short crime stories on TV. Of course the first one I found was called "Murder in a nursing home"  ! Exactly the right thing for me !

The only "excursion" I made was going to the mailbox on the first floor and found a packet in the mail box with some new "feathers" (clothes) which raised my mood. I had ordered them such a long time ago that I had forgotten. I was very happy with what I had ordered and the most important thing was, they all fit ! 

Until Monday I have decided I forget the social workers and retirement homes otherwise I will get crazy and they can look for a place in a madhouse for me !


 

more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

6 comments:

  1. I thought you had chosen a nursing home already. The one where Mr G used to visit and assist. It's a good idea to speak to a doctor for his or her opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a horrible way to approach the subject. They should be far more supportive and advise you of the options. Hope you can have a reasonable weekend despite the phone call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the nurse, she didn't handle it well at all. They should brought in family and discuss every thing.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like your weather is the opposite of what is going on in my corner of the world at this moment. So sorry to hear of retirement-home issues regarding Mr. G. The changes we must adapt to in our later years can feel very harsh, indeed. It’s a time when, more than ever, a sensitive approach is needed from our health professionals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought you had decided where Mr G was going? Is it not suitable for him? I hope you have more success with dealing with it this week and that you've recovered from your fall last week. (Playing catch up here.)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !