1. We're approaching Memorial Day Weekend in the US of A...will you mark this in some way? If so tell us how. According to a list found here some things you might do in honor of Memorial Day would be-shop in a Veteran owned business, learn to play a patriotic song, watch the Memorial Day concert, take a virtual tour of the White House, write a letter to a soldier or a soldier's family, fly a flag, attend a Memorial Day parade, donate flowers for a soldier's grave, put together a care package for a soldier, and take a moment of silence at 3 PM (the National Moment of Remembrance)....of the ideas mentioned are there any you will try?
2. What's something recently that made you 'come to attention'?
I noticed that even in rush hours the streets are empty, the boutiques are empty, probably due to the lockdown, although all shops are open. I think people learned to buy on Internet and now continue !
3. In what area of your life do you need to 'soldier on'?
As I am retired I do not play soldier, anyway that's not in my character
4. As a long weekend approaches and summer draws near, what's a favorite food from your childhood you think about adding to the menu?
No long weekend is approaching, we just had one, and I can't remember that I had any favorite food as a child, I didn't like eating. I ate because it was on the table !
5. Your favorite patriotic movie?
That has not yet been created as far as I know, I am a European, because we all have different passports, I am German, my husband Italian, our son is German and Italian, but born in Brussels. That's why there is no patriotic movie for our family and we are only patriotic when it comes to Europe.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I wonder how people celebrate wars and heros, usually heros are dead, and for what ? for politics !
Why the WWI is still celebrated and the second one too. I am allergic to all military things. I had my share, I was born in the middle of WW II in a German bunker and I spent my first night in a drawer because there were no baby beds. My Disneyland was the ruins, the basements without house on top, and I think we had a lot of fun. Nobody watched over us the adults were busy to dig out their belongings and put away the rubble. I was told that becoming a soldier is bad, all uniforms are bad and parents who had a son in the army never mentioned it they were ashamed. Germany had decided no war anymore and soldiers only to safe and protect people in critical countries like Afganistan, etc
This hodgepodge was not for me ! But I decided to participate !