18 Mar 2021

HODGEPODGE MARCH 17

1. This week's Hodgepodge lands on St. Patrick's Day. Will you wear green? Eat corned beef and cabbage? Drink green beer? Have you ever been to Ireland? Is it on your travel 'bucket list'? 

Of course living in Belgium only a few know about St. Patrick's Day, but nobody here celebrates and no shop has any decoration. People  wouldn't know what it is. 

 I have been in Ireland and in Northern Ireland and loved it very much ! It is a pity that Northern Ireland belongs to the UK and the other is a country of it's own. It is very beautiful ! St. Patrick's Day is celebrated there of course as the Irish immigrants brought this use to the States. In our travel group were 6 American families whose ancestors were from Ireland and they went to each graveyard to see if a grave with their name was there. It is a very beautiful country.

2. Something you think is 'worth its weight in gold'? 

It's not something which is worth its weight in gold, but a somebody ! It's the daughter of my former neighbor who is so adorable ! Although we moved away she calls me every day to ask how Mr. G is today, she helps me when I am feeling abandonned by everybody and as she is a nurse she also calls the doctors and does often shopping for me. She comforts me and gives me precious advices.  I don't know what I would do without her ! She could be the daughter,  I never had. 

3. Something that makes you 'green around the gills'? 

Can't think of anything which makes me green around the gills, my skin wouldn't cooperate. I don't become red neither. My feelings are colorless apparently. The only thing which I really can't stand are spiders, but instead of becoming green, I ran away or put cat Rosie in the same room, she loves to catch and eat spiders ! 

4. What puts a 'spring in your step' these days? 

Nothing ! It's really not a moment to jump into the air because of happiness ! That's one year now that we are in prison with a little interruption. But now you can only go shopping, walking and you are allowed a few sports outside. Even the fact that the hairdressers could finally open doesn't make me spring. The only spring in my step I could do is springing into my bed ! 

5. Write a limerick using one of the following as your theme....March, St. Patrick's Day, Covid, 2020 and/or 2021, the color green, or life lately. Yes, you can do it. 

On St.Patrick's Day
The Covid crossed my way
I became green  and passed away
Now in March 2021
My life is done
 

 

Maybe this is not perfect, but at least I tried ! English is not my mothertongue

 

 

 

 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I wished spring would arrive, we had some hope but now it's cold again and it rains everyday ! I think that's a real lockdown weather. I do nothing or only what really has to be done and still I get the impression that each day which goes by I become more tired ! Soon I will do like cat Rosie and sleep 23 h per day. 


 


3 comments:

  1. I think you did well with the limerick especially since English is not your native language.
    Everyone everywhere is starting to feel as you do--tired, and tired of the lockdowns.
    Your former neighbor's daughter is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sleeping Rosie is irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did very well with the Limerick. Here some people have started to celebrate St Patrick's Day ,not because we're Irish, but because any excuse is good for a party. Not this year, of course.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !