26 Feb 2021

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

This week I was almost exclusively busy organizing the various appointments for Mr. G. He has to do 4 examinations because unfortunately the neurologist has diagnosed a beginning of Parkinson's. There are various types of Parkinson, he doesn't tremble at all, but is confusing time and days. Not all the time but especially in the morning and evening, he also doesnn't walk very well and is very slow.

That was a shock for me, of course, but there are very good medications today, which can help to lead a normal life. I also have a nurse from the social service who comes twice a week to prepare the medication so that he does take them correctly. She also has to take care of his room. I'll see how it works, maybe she has to come more often. I have not the physical strength to take care of an 1.89 m tall man. I try to be strong, but sometimes I it's just too much. Our son lives far away and the borders are closed and anyway he doesn't help me and cheer me up a bit. He always had a "strong" mother and now he has difficulties to see that she is not that strong ! Fortunately I have my friends who help me and listen to my worries. 

I try to continue my usual lockdown life and we continue our Corona babble club and our Scrabble. That does me real good to have a break and get some fun. I can't get a burn out now, so I try to protect myself as much as I can. Then once he has his medication, I hope it will be normal again. 

He likes to be alone at home and watches TV or sleeps. So there is no problem. 

Today I had my car washed because I have to go for the technical survey of my car, the first time is after 4 years and then each year at the same date. Apparently they have changed now and after the 5th year it's all two years when you have to check it again.

I don't think there is something at my car, but you never know. 

 

The weather is wonderful we nearly have summer temperatures and I could easily take a sunbath if I would have the time. Today the beach bed arrived just in time ! so I can take some Vitamine B on our terrace.  As it is only end February the stores don't have beach beds in stock so I ordered it on internet and was happy that it was even with a sun protection, I don't like the sun shining on my head.

I really wonder when we get our normal life back. In my special case I am even lucky that there is still the lockdown, so I don't have to regret that I can't move !

 

 

 

more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

14 comments:

  1. It is not fun getting old but we have to make the best of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear such bad news about Mr G but it seems he is being well looked after. I think you moved to your apartment just in time. Regarding Covid things are almost back to normal here and I will soon have my 'Jab'. Hate that word and wish it would be called another name. You can't have summer yet we are still using it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Difficulty in walking could be an indication of Parkinson beginning, but may be it can be treated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to imagine that better weather is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really feel for you. We hope that you can find out about Mr G soon. The waiting for Dr appointments and the tests is difficult. Your new chair looks awesome! Now laying in the sun on your patio will be wonderful! We are starting to see the snow melt here so we know that spring is around the corner. I send you virtual hugs and strength! We are still strong inside, even if we are not outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully the medications are effective in treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear about Mr. G's diagnosis. I hope the medicine will do him much good. It's good you can get out with friends sometimes. We're having warmer weather, too--not springlike yet, but not so bone-chilling as winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry about Mr G. Parkinson runs in my mother side. It does look nice out of your slidder.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry about Mr. G's diagnosis. It truly is a good thing that there are medications he can take to help. And you are wise to make sure you don't overdo and burn out in caring for him.
    Yay for warmer weather (and that beach bed!).
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the tests can get done quickly so that the correct diagnosis and treatment can be done. A worrying time for you both. But yes sunshine and warmer weather can make us all feel a bit more positive and you can enjoy laying out on your balcony on your new sunbed. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m sorry to hear about “Mr G” ...and hope he gets the meds combination soon. One small blessing is that he likes to be alone in the house. I hope that doesn’t change because you need that break time. I am glad you have the nurse coming in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry to hear about Mr B's diagnosis and I hope the medication will help him. Getting older is hard. I hope you get some support.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry to read about Mr G's diagnosis. Parkinson's is not a nice illness. Look after yourself too please.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gattina, I'm very sorry to hear of Mr. G's diagnosis. Hopefully that medication will work well. I'm so glad you have your dear friends close to you to help you out if only to give a listening ear and encouraging words. Also glad to hear that you are trying to not overdo and burn yourself out. That beach bed should help! :) It is warming up here too, we are supposed to get to 17*C this week but that will be with horrible wind so that chills it down somewhat.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !