21 Feb 2020

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

As usual we played Scrabble on Monday, this time it was my turn. The girls also play online and have become quite strong in gathering points. I have no time for that, or I don't want to have time, I prefer also to chat and not only to think what word I should put to get the most numbers. Of course I lost, but that isn't a drama for me I am not at all a gambler

The wind had calmed down but it was still raining a bit and not really a weather to go out, so I decided to make a real lazy day without doing nothing but my blog, watching a movie and cleaning up the mess Ol'cat Arthur had made, his last invention is to take out the food of his bowl and use the whole kitchen to eat. Maybe not the whole kitchen but all around its bowl.

I don't know if I suffer from spring lethargy but I really have no energy for nothing ! Our friend who takes care of selling our house called early morning, I was still half asleep and wished the person to hell who called in such early hours, but it was him to ask if he could come and take pictures of the house outside because oh miracle, the sun was shining. I just managed to get dressed when he arrived and took the photos.

When I saw them later, our house looked so nice that I almost wanted to buy it ! He has a special camera with a large angle so that you can easily take a picture also of a small place.

Nicole, Myriam and I felt like prisoners in our houses and thought it is better to be bored together then each of us sitting alone at home. Impossible to go outside if you didn't want to catch a cold. We decided to meet at Myriam's had a nice chat afternoon together and then returned home.

In the night of Wednesday/Thursday a 43 years old German shot 10 people in two Bars in Hanau, drove home shot his mother and then himself. Normalement I wouldn't care, because unfortunately it happens now too often everywhere, but this little German town in which it happened is just 10 km far from where my Grandparents lived, where I spent my childhood and I know it very well.

In my painting class I picked up my pouring picture I had done the week before and it iS dry by now



It's a long and not very large painting the grey underneath is the color of the table. I made another one but as I wasn't very much inspired, I just put a few colors together poured it over the canvas and next week I will see what will come out. That's always the best moment, the surprise !




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.



10 comments:

  1. You better get over your Spring lethargy. You will have a lot to do over the next few months. At times we have gambled and bought a property before we have sold the last and it worked ok. If you see the right property before you sell, can you make an offer and worry about the details later?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever i feel lethargic i go for a nice brisk walk! If rainin,g use an umbrella and embrace the nature around you!! When i retire i plan on doing that or i know i will go crazy!!

    Wow...you play scrabble every week? You must be good!!

    I hope your home sells quickly.

    I was so saddened but not shocked about the German murderer. So much evil and darkness in our world today.

    Enjoy the weekend,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to play Scrabble online, too, until most of my friends changed to a similar game called Words with Friends. One friend used to beat me ever time until I learned some of her tricks--now I win often. I like conversation but I like to win, too. :-)

    That's wonderful that your house pictures came out so well. I hope it sells soon for you.

    I had not heard about this German shooter. How horrible. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The German shooting has been all over the news here, so sad and disheartening that it is now becoming normal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree the shootings are happening way too often unfortunately. But how scary that it was so close to where you spent time as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather always has an impact on my mood but now I can see the signs of Spring all around with the daffodils in bud and the blossom out on some trees. That was yet another tragic waste of life in Germany but it brings it closer to home when you are familiar with the town.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are both going to be so busy over the next few months. I'm glad you got a spell of sunshine for your pictures. So did we. Yes these shootings are always horrible to hear about but I'm sure it feels worse when you feel a connection to the place. Hopefully you will feel better once spring finally arrives and the weather improves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to har about the shooting. It is tragic that such incidences are becoming too common.
    I still want to try your pouring technique. Each time I see your finished pieces I am reminded.
    Good idea for you all to gather together to talk instead of staying home all bored.
    I hope this week you have more energy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad your house pictures turned out so well. I kinda like the visiting part of playing games too. Hoping you have more energy this week.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !