8 Nov 2019

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

After our Scrabble game these delicious "Merveilleux" (Marvellous) called cakes comforted us about the rainy weather ! Nicole's uncle is a retired baker and was only too happy to show us ladies his talent. He had made 6 merveilleux and one chocolate cake with cherries the day before and they were absolutely delicious.



I have to confess that we ate them all (we were 5) and not one little piece was left !!

Poor cat Arthur needed some litter and I went to the pet shop, I really don't know what happened but suddenly my feet disappeared I fell on my knees and then with the forehead on the floor, not that I heard angels singing but I was a bit KO. Somebody helped me to get up and sat me on a chair.
Besides my knees nothing hurt and I refused the ambulance. I felt good enough to finish my shopping and went quickly to the drugstore to buy a special creme.

In the evening I had difficulties to walk but the next day it was better and thanks to the creme my knees were not blue. I even went to aqua gym. Our trainer was a happy man, he had become Daddy of a little boy after 5 years of waiting ! Of course he got a lot of advices which he probably immediately forgot.

After aquagym parts of my body suddenly hurt and I kept quiet the rest of the day. Today I am feeling nearly normal.

Mr. G badly needed a new haircut but also a new hairdresser. After 30 years I thought it is necessary. Unfortunately Mr.G. hates changes, even if his hairdresser had become an alcoholic and between the haircut had quickly to go outside to drink a bit to keep him in shape. Poor guy. With my hairdresser Mr. G. was very happy because she listened to all his miseries after his surgery and did a real good haircut. And it was even better when the women in his Whist club told him that he now looks much younger !

I am very productive in our painting class, I started a new painting and was surprised how nice the one I had done last week had turned out once dry.



Since Myriam and I took over the class we have 5 members more and it starts to become full. We probably can still accept one or two but not more ! Good for us, we are really happy because at the end of the school year we just had enough to pay our teacher but no extras ! Now we bought a little coffee machine, have enough money for coffee and other extras.



We have accepted one very young looking mentally handicapped woman, because to our surprise she is already 50 ! She was so proud that her pouring came out so well, it was really touching, because painting or drawing is difficult for her. I forgot to take a picture of my new painting so I will see it next week when it is dry.

After class 6 of us went to an Asiatic restaurant "Le Jardin d'Asie" where we took the lunch which was excellent. I took one take away for Mr. G. for supper.

And another week went by !




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.





9 comments:

  1. Three questions: Had you eaten properly? Virus infection? Low blood pressure?

    The cakes look delicious.

    Very good that you have turned the art class into such a success.

    Even at Mr G's age, he is susceptible to flattery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you had a fall. I hope you're fully recovered by now. Those cakes definitely looked delicious and I'm not surprised they disappeared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cakes look super delicious and sounds like they were indeed! I'm glad you seem to be OK now after the fall.
    The new lady at the class must have had lots of fun doing the artwork :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch on the fall. Do take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! That fall sounds scary. Take care and do go see a doctor if that kind of thing happens again.

    Those little cakes look good! I'm glad Mr. G. liked his new hairdresser. It's hard to change. I have been trying different ones since mine left to have her 4th baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always blame any trip or fall on the shoes. A good reason to throw them out and buy new ones. Pleased you still managed to buy Arthur's litter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear. I hope you are ok after that fall.
    Your busy weeks always amaze me. You do so mcuh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No more falls please! Be careful out there. I haven’t fallen since that time I broke my finger when I splatted on a sidewalk a few days after our last presidential election. (I blame you-know-who, because I was so sad about the results that I forgot to pay attention to what I was doing). ))

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fall is scary sounding. I'm glad that you are okay.

    The cakes look delicious. The ones with cherries look like what we call Black Forest Cake.

    Love your pour painting. The colors look very nice together. Happy for you that you have got the new members in class and that you are able to afford a bit more in your class.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !