14 Jun 2019

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

As usual the week started with our Scrabble and this time it was my turn. I had bought English cakes again which were very much appreciated. Nicole is doggy sitting, the dog of her daughter, a 17 year old "Bichon". The dog with the nice name Tara, looked very young and was not disturbing my cats. I think they felt that it was a grandma.



We had again a very moody weather, rain, sunshine, rain etc, as it was raining and I didn't like my head anymore, I went to the hairdresser. After that a felt better.



I went to the Indian Shop Mala India and bought a case for my camera. They have nice cases, which don't look like a camera case and therefore are not so interesting for pick pockets or other long fingered people.

For once the grass was dry and I put our Oscar outside to mow the lawn, while I watched a funny crime story with two bodies in one coffin.



When the murder was found, Oscar also had finished his work and I put him in his "bed".

Each year our city organizes a trip for the seniors. This time they had chosen a city in France, Boulogne sur mer, the Nausicaà aquarium, which according to the Frenches is the biggest aquarium in Europe. I don't know, but I have my doubts. I will write a post about it.

Then we went to a nice restaurant where we stayed for 3 hours to eat 4 courses with very sophisticated names ! If I translate them into English it sounds a bit different.

1. Welcome white of white champagne method and three niblets amusing your mouth which was sparkling white wine and a stamp size piece of bread with something on it.

2. fresh melting Salmon on sweet haring, rocket salad with endive vinaigrette a simple salmon steak with rocket salad and a vinaigrette sauce.

4. A duckling leg comfit with orange, apple Berny, onion chutney, which was a chicken leg,(hidden) in a very good orange sauce but everybody noticed immediately that it  was not a duckling leg.The apple Bernie was a potato cut in slices squeezed together with a scrambled egg.

5. Two unnamed pieces of cheese

6. Charlotte in Genièvre which was a piece of cake with Genièvre taste



I must admit the French titles on a simple food sound great ! But it has been real good !

We found this trip the worst we had ever done ! 500 km to see an aquarium which needed a bit of restoration, and which really wasn't made for seniors or handicapped people, staying 3 hours at table and then went back home to Waterloo. So far each year we had real nice travels. This was an exception according to us.










more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !