6 Feb 2019

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - WHERE IS MY MOBILE ?













more participants here
and Image-in-ing

*****



In a normal household you usually have a fix telephone and mobiles. We have 4 fix telephones one in each room. We also have remote controls, and on a first glance the telephone and the remote control look pretty much the same;

That's why probably I answered the ringing phone and with a "hallo" and was surprised that nobody answered me and the telephone continued to ring. I looked at the phone and realized that I had answered with the remote control. They are all standing in a box side by side, so it could happen. Of course I put the remote control back and answered the phone.

But one day Mr. G. saw me wandering around holding the telephone against my ear and speaking into my mobile phone. He made me signs, which I didn't understand and made signs back to leave me in peace, and continued my conversation.

And while I was speaking I thought about my mobile phone. Where was it ? It wasn't on the sofa where it's usually laying besides me and nowhere else. I walked through the whole house looked in each room and couldn't find it. While I was searching for my mobile I was still talking on the phone.

Once the conversation finished, I put back the phone into the box slightly wondering that I didn't have to end the conversation and stared on my mobile which I was holding in my hand and in which I had spoken ! The person on the other end had hung up.

I looked at Mr. G. and then on my hand holding the mobile and stated : look here it is !

"I told you" he said "I pointed all the time at your ear, but you didn't understand !"

Then we both bursted out in laughter !

9 comments:

  1. I bit like when people push their spectacles up onto their foreheads and then can't find them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have one phone: my mobile one. I only had one when in Norway and Northern Ireland too. I don't know whether I will get a landline again when I get my own place. Mobile phones are so handy nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total cuteness.

    I leave my mobile in a jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL LOL I have similar experiences. I guess that happens more often than we think :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. We usually end up ringing our mobiles from the landline when we've mislaid them. Hubby's often turns up in one of his pockets that he insists he's checked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so funny but it easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a pretty funny story!
    We have all done thinks like that at one time or another.

    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !