8 Feb 2019

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

The days seem to be like  a pearl necklace, every day the same routine ! Each day I am full of ideas of what I could do, but then mostly, looking out of the window my energy drops under ground and I decide to do what I wanted to do tomorrow, but when tomorrow arrives I'll do it tomorrow etc.l

From the snow nothing is left besides dirty streets ! 



I managed to write for my blogs, and discovered a few new features on my new computer. Besides that I watched some crimes on TV and looked out into the rain ! Murder in the rain is better then in sunshine !

Fortunately the next day was Scrabble day and I should write in my agenda that I won ! That was the first time since we "founded" our Scrabble group !

When we had our coffee time, Nicole served us pancakes, which we could eat with sugar, honey or jam. They were delicious !



Ours are bigger and very thin than in other countries.

Nicole's cat observed our game and also the coffee, but as there was nothing for her she lay down in her basket and watched from far.



Of course she took her second tail with her, it's a mink tail which Nicole had cut off an old fur collar. Isis loves it, it fits to her fur. (see post below)

In my painting group, I tried to recuperate an old painting which I didn't like, except the background



and I started a cat face, looks funny at that stage. As usual we had a very nice time.

After the painting class we decided to try out a new Moroccan restaurant which had opened recently in Waterloo. The lunch was a Tajine with red beans and beef !



It was delicious. We had no room for a dessert anymore only for a coffee.



The restaurant was beautifully decorated and for a couple of hours we were in Morocco. In the garden outside stood a camel, not a real one of course.

After two hours and a lot of chatting we left, full and happy !






more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

16 comments:

  1. I hope you get some blue skies some to revive your energy. Congratulations on your scrabble win. Maybe the first of many now. Those are the kind of pancakes we have here with sugar and lemon juice. Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone who doesn't do too much and finds it hard to get motivated, you don't do too badly. Swimming, art classes, Scrabble, blogging and fun with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I procrastinate, too, but you definitely do a lot more than I do. It's wet and windy here today - very miserable, but at least it's Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gattina, you have had a wonderful week! Congratulations on winning that Scrabble game! The pancakes look absolutely delicious! I enjoyed seeing the painting you are working on. The eyes are beautiful and I can almost picture what the rest of the painting will be like. I do hope you will share once it is completed. The Tajine that you had at the Moroccan restaurant looks and sounds delicious! It looks as if you had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Gattina. Looks like your week was good and you had a nice variety of activities and food. The meals you described sound delicious. It's been a while since I joined up with Friday's Faves but I returned today. Looking at your header, I see your grandson is a handsome young man and of course not a little one anymore. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mother made pancakes thin and wide like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on winning scrabble! The thin pancake looks delicious. I love having pancakes with butter :-) The Moroccan restaurant looks very lovely. I once thought about dining at local Moroccan restaurant but decided not to because it was seriously overpriced. I'd love to try one day, though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the scrabble win! Yes this time of year when the weather is miserable can make it hard to feel motivated but you still had quite a few nice things to look back on this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy those pancakes look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on winning Scrabble! I have never tried Moroccan food. It's nice they have the restaurant set up with that kind of atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How can you say the days are boring when you are out having fun playing scrabble, congratulations by the way, out enjoying painting class and having pancakes with friends and Moroccan lunch. Doesn't sound boring to me. You should be stuck at home with a broken ankle thats boring but I did enjoy the Chinese New Year party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good going on winning your scrabble game!

    I tried some Moroccan food a few years ago, when a Norwegian/Moroccan friend made us some. It was yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. In winter it is easy to procrastinate. Your pancakes look a bit like French crepes, which are thin like this. I like them with sugar or a bit of Grand Marnier, but not for breakfast. The Moroccan dish looks also delicious. I wish there was a Moroccan restaurant in Nashville.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Moroccan food is so yummy, much like Ethiopian food, I think!
    I hope you don't have any more snow to 'enjoy' but that your skies are blue and the weather is warmer.
    And I hope you are energized to complete your to do lists this week.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !