18 Feb 2019

WEEKEND FEBRUARY 16

After having been locked in the last weeks, I was really happy when the weather suddenly changed and from winter we immediately went to spring, with the result that many people are coughing and have a red nose ! Cold is in the air. So far I escaped. On Saturday we had 16°C (61 F) !

Looking for another park to discover from the around 130 parks in Brussels,  I found one I had never been and which was very close to Waterloo. My friend and I drove through areas I had never been, with beautiful old mansions, and apparently not a municipality for the poors !



The park was quite hidden and we suddenly arrived, I got a parking space and off we went. In the wood it was of course cooler and that shortened our visit a bit, but I still could take photos.

Unfortunately we didn't find a café or Brasserie, for a drink, and had to return "thirsty". But Nicole had the good idea to stop at a riding school. It turned out that it was very close to where I live just on the other side of the big boulevard leading to Brussels, and just behind my English shop ! And I didn't know !

I had a whole bag of dry bread with me, for the geese and swans in the park, but feeding was forbidden. I thought horses like dry bred too. Since my childhood I was afraid of horses and never went close to them. I loved them as animals but they seemed so big and I thought if I am to close they will hurt me or bite or whatever. But this time a miracle happened ! I looked at all the horses who stretched their heads out of the boxes and I was not afraid at all anymore !! I took pieces of bread and fed the white horse which was standing in the first box. The bag with bread was eaten up in no time and  I had petted all their heads without any fear ! I really was proud of myself !



Now I think I will ask them if they let me ride for once in my life ! I mean it's never too late if 80 years old women jump with a parachute for the first time, I will manage to climb on an old horse and ride in a circle !! I have been several times on camels and that worked very well, so why not a horse !

The Bar was closed, no chance, so we returned home it was already late. Next time when it is such a nice weather I will go back and watch the riders.

Sunday I went to the market in the next little town, just to walk a bit outside, but it was cooler than I expected. Still I found a very nice red Italian rain jacket for Mr. G. and a pullover for me.




There was a mini piggy on the market which looked well fed and very friendly, it (or rather the owners) collected money for animals.

I didn't buy any fruits, I had enough I should have put on a warmer jacket.




I returned and found Arthur sunbathing in the garden.

5 comments:

  1. I have ridden a horse but I was very nervous being so far off the ground. This weather has been lovely but it hasn't felt as warm to me as the temperatures said it was. In fact one day I came home from a walk and I found it really hard to get warm. I kept adding layers of clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rode a horse just once, in Mexico. I enjoyed it but my horse was rather lazy and wouldn't keep up with the others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have been a good feeling to find out that you don't have a fear of horses anymore. Looks like a great park for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have petted horses, but I am afraid to ride one, even slow ones they hire out on guided rides along some of the beaches (in Oregon). I hope you do ride one some day. Maybe I will too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arthur looks comfortable!

    The horses are a wonderful sight!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !