22 Feb 2019

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

After my discovery that now I am not afraid of horses anymore, telling to everybody who did or did not want to hear my "adventure" I spent a quiet Monday at home, looking out into the sunshine,



together with my cats and bitched about the cold wind which held me back to go out. A stalker looked at me from the outside, sitting on the neighbor's garden shed.

Fortunately somebody invented computers to keep me busy  !

My cleaning lady had broken the tube of the vacuum cleaner and I thought I had to buy a new one, because often the repair costs are almost the same then a new one. My neighbor heard my complaints that again I had to spend money on a stupid thing, gave me the address of a little repair shop who also has spare parts and they had a tube which went perfectly on the machine ! Was I lucky, another money saved for my round trip through another part of Eastern countries, to complete the one I had done last year.

We had a very difficult Scrabble game, all letters were sitting in one corner ! We gave up before the last round.



Our game was accompagnied by the loud snoring of dog Tosca, which made us laugh. But when it came to coffee time, she suddenly joined us at the table. But well educated she didn't steal anything, but her eyes made us melt and of course she got a part. She is all black so it's difficult to take a picture of her face.

We were nearly all present in our painting class there were only 3 missing !



For the moment we are at least five, painting cats. In the past it was only me. Everybody has her own style so there is no confusion. One had started to paint a bear, but whatever she does and corrects again and again, the bear looks like her departed dog, a Golden Retriever. This is a case for Mr. Freud. As usual we tried to change the world and had a nice time.




We had returned to the Morrocan restaurant, this time with a Morrocan girl who is also in our painting class. So we could ask her if the kitchen is the real Morrocan or if it's adapted to the country. She was delighted, it was also delicious in her eyes and it was so funny when the cook and his wife came out and they talked together in Arabic and stated that they came all from Rabat the capital of Morrocco ! They talked about people and shops and we thought the world is really small. She is a very nice girl, grandma of 4 and perfectly integrated. Her sons had married Belgians and she had worked in a security company for years. She and her whole family are Belgians and a perfect example that not all Morrocans are terrorists ! I think we stayed 3 hours in the restaurant we nearly felt like on holidays !

And this was another week towards spring and summer !!




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

14 comments:

  1. The banana dish looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bonus to be able to get the tube for your vacuum cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course the hound would wake up for food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do so love Banana Cake! I love mine with sweetened whipped cream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun week, Gattina! Who doesn't like to save money these days...especially when you are saving for a trip! I'm glad that a friend gave you the address of a shop where you could find the tube you needed for your vacuum.

    I love to hear (and see) about your painting class and your Scrabble get-togethers. Your friend's black dog is beautiful and you did a great job on the pictures of it! The dessert your hostess served looks delicious!

    How fun your experience at the Morrocan restaurant must have been this week! We have a friend whose native language is Arabic and we feel the same way...perfect example that not all those who speak Arabic as their native language are terrorists.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish my mum would get rid of some of her vacuum cleaners. She has one on each floor and the further up you go, the less they seem to work. I never thought I would actually miss my own vacuum cleaner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are over your fear of horses. :)
    What a wonderful time at the restaurant with friends. That dessert also looks real good. I would have been like that dog, hoping for a little bite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A part of our vacuum broke so I ordered a new part. My husband broke the whole thing trying to install it, so we ended up getting a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always try and google for spare parts before giving up on any appliance. You can usually find replacements somewhere. Glad you found yours. Sounds like your Morrocan restaurant is definitely authentic. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to know your Moroccan restaurant is serving authentic food. We are having very warm sunny weather here which I imagine you will have soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun to take a Moroccan friend to a Moroccan restaurant and find out it's authentic! I'm glad for computers, too. Scrabble is hard to play sometimes when there is no place to play off of.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always have the most interesting weeks with Scrabble, painting and all your restaurant outings. How fun to learn that your friend is from the same city as the owners of the restaurant. It's a small world, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great group your painting class is. Three hours is a nice long lunch...much longer, they would have had to charge you rent! Sometimes scrabble games just do not work! Best to quit and spent the time chatting when that happens. Hope your weather soon improves.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tosca's antics made me laugh. The banana dessert looks delicious. I've never eaten at a Morrocan restaurant, I don't think we have one in my city.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !