13 Steps to make an orient carpet
During my roundtrip through Turkey I also visited a carpet factory. The most expensivest oriental carpets or rugs are made out of wool and silk.
1. This is a a picture of a silkworm in his cocoon
2. They are put in hot water and threads are pulled out
3. Closer look on cocoons
4. Dyeing process
6. An on old woman at the spinning wheel
7. pulled out silk threads
8. Silk ready for weaving
9. Girls take one thread at the time and knot it in. They have a pattern for the design in front of them
10. Closer look on a weaving loom
11. Wonderful carpets hanging everywhere on the walls (in fact it was not allowed to take pictures, they didn't want their patterns copied, but I "couldn't" read the sign.
12. And so it looks when it is finished
13. A little corner to think about "to buy or not to buy"
Compared to prices in the western world these carpets where really cheap.