15 Feb 2019

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

Monday was a day for funerals ! It was dark and it rained the whole day. I think I become like my cats, they are contagious !



They lay around on all available places and sleep only interrupted by their hungry stomachs. I made a Television cure ordered T-shirts and cat food on Internet and was exhausted in the evening !

Next day it was better and at least I could do my shopping. We had nothing to eat anymore. That's the only thing which disturbes Mr. G. I can disappear the whole day, but I have to think of  supper ! For that he and his cat Arthur are exactly the same. Both routine beings, they are hungry at the same time, the only thing which differentiates them is the noise they make when they are hungry ! Arthur meows operas while Mr. G. sneaks around in the kitchen to check if the meal will be in time.

There were a lot of people this time in our aqua gym course, instead of 10 or 11 we were 14 ! The water raised and one who is real short had the water until her chin. We suggested her to do the gymnastic on stilts ! It was fun we are really a very nice group.

This time it was my turn to receive our Scrabble group. Again I went to my "Stonemanor" shop which only sells British products.



I bought pancakes, blueberry jam, clotted cream and Donuts filled with cream and blueberry. They ate like horses and loved it so much, that they when they left all went to the shop to buy these pancakes which nobody knews, as ours are very thin and big.

There was a general strike in Belgium and the whole country was paralyzed. No public transport, airports closed, post closed, the garbadge men didn't show up etc etc. Some shops were open but in front of supermarkets or malls there were strikers who hindered people to shop.  We didn't realize very much except that there was no airplane noise and no traffic jams so that was rather good. The strike was organized by all unions to protest against increasing prices and no salary increase and other things. They are right the country is badly managed. And we are again without government since a couple of month.




Brussels center

But outside Brussels, there was nothing but silence !

In our painting class there was nothing new, and I forgot to take pictures for our Facebook page. Some had started new paintings others finished, I was hanging in the middle I was not very much motivated. 

After painting we went for lunch in the Carrefour "Lunch garden". It was full ! We wondered why and then the penny dropped ! It was Valentine's day and lots of couples had lunch together. We didn't stay long because Nicole and I wanted to go to the hairdresser who is in the same building you don't need an appointment there and I only had to wait for 10 min.

Then I drove home to pick up my nearly 20 year old cat Kim, whose claws were too long as she doesn't walk very much and doesn't sharpen her claws anymore.



Although I brush her nearly every day, there were a whole bunch of hairs coming out of her fur. She seemed to be very happy and for once even did a little walk in the garden.

Now I am more confident that she will make another year ! 






more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
and

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like many countries are in a mess these days. France has protests. Our government is in a pickle with scandals and they spend time throwing mud at the position instead of running the country. WE have an election soon and it looks like we'll have another new prime minister. We change PM's more often than Italy these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on the non home owning workers. You and I are comparatively rich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now it's too cold for demonstrations in the US. I bet once Spring arrives we will see a lot of them. No one is happy here with the government.
    Anneliese is doing better with her eye and the other two dogs a well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cats are welcome company. I'm quite used to pancakes that are thinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pancakes look yumi!
    I hate strikes, but things are deteriorating: prices and violence are up, all the other things are down. We have elections in two months time - but no one is optimistic about the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog posts are always so interesting, Gattina. It sounds as though you gave your Scrabble group quite a treat with all of the British goodies you served them. I was in a British Goods store in Maine here in the US last fall. It was wonderful!

    The strikers can be scary...or so it seems here in the U.S., although I don't recall any that were of the magnitude of yours.

    Our President just signed the bill that will keep our government from enduring another shutdown but he also at the same time declared a state of emergency in order to get the funding he says he needs for his border wall.

    I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post reminded me of my exchange student days in Belgium. Even then there were strikes all over the place. Thank you! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So we here in the US are not the only country having troubles? Huh. I bet our leader is the worst of the bunch though, I don't see how anyone could be worse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sound like no one went hungry hope you share your painting with your blog friends

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always serve delicious food.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The food sounded delicious. I hope the strike didn't affect you too much - it's annoying when things like the rubbish bins don't get emptied. Wow that's a grand age for your cat. You must be doing a great job looking after her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pancakes look great! My husband and sons are that way with dinner, too. I don't like strikes because they hurt or inconvenience innocent parties to get what the strikers want. I hope the ones in your country get over soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going to England soon for a holiday...I'll have to try those pancakes!
    Usually, we avoid going out on Valentine's Day--it's always so crowded. And then it's not fun for us.
    I'm happy to hear that your kitty is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those pancakes look delicious. You made me laugh with your description of the pool with all the people that showed up for class.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !