3 Nov 2018

REPEAT OR NOT REPEAT ?

The trouble when you are married for 50 years there are lots of things which repeat themselves all the time for example stupid jokes. Mr. G. loves jokes I don't like them but I am obliged to hear the same jokes for years  and years, because he repeats them to other auditors.


"Close the door is another sentence" which is repeated every day, because he leaves the doors wide open as if he would be an elephant to go through.  I don't like closed doors either but leave them just a bit open so that our cats don't have to scratch the doors !



Of course you also have to eat, sleep and drink which is also repeated every day. My cats have their habits which are repeated every day at the same time ! There is no surprise and it's almost boring. Once they have chosen a place to nap, they stay there for at least 4 weeks before choosing another. One uses to sleep on my bed and when I want to make it I have to move her around and she doesn't even open an eye.

Routine things I hate, but they are repeated every day like a train schedule. And things I wish they would repeat themselves don't happen, like going on a cruise around the world, or only travel once a month to another country.

And then there are these intelligent quotes like

"A mistake repeated more than once is a decision"
"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go onto other things".
"It's not a mistake to make a mistake but it is a mistake to repeat the same mistake !"

And last but not least ...
Wine drinkers can also repeat the same gestures : Open the bottle, pour the vine, drink the vine, open the bottle, pour the vine...../......











Linking to FMF - Repeat




10 comments:

  1. Doors must be either fully open or fully closed. No wishy washy half open or half closed or ajar. Pets learn to knock on doors to be let in or out. I like the sound of open the wine, pour the wine, drink the wine, repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We simply must have closed doors or I find an 80-pound white German shepherd sleeping on my bed! When Lili is outside she will bark or jump at the door to come in. Her way of knocking.
    I like the open wine, pour the wine, drink the wine, repeat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We spend half the year keeping the doors open to let the air flow and then the other half of the year I'm screaming close the doors to keep the rooms warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitty looks exceedingly comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post was fun to read. The thought of going on a cruise around the world, or only travel once a month to another country sounds delightful. Visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to smile at the cat, how comfortable he looks on your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are some routines which my kitties and I do together every day. Kitties like routine for sure. Love the photo of Arthur napping with his tummy up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "A mistake repeated more than once is a decision." This is fantastic! Totally copying that into my planner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All my doors are open here, apart from the bedroom (too cold), so Oswin can wander around at will.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Travel to another place, go home, wash the clothes, ... repeat..... ;>)))

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !