9 Nov 2012
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. Another week went by so quickly ! On Monday my friend Chantal had invited me for a coffee and chat of course, it was quiet a long time I hadn't been at her home. I tried to say hello to her husband who since 3 years lays in bed and is like a vegetable, he starres in the air, or at the TV without seeing anything. His brain is so damaged after a terrible car accident that he is a "dead alive". Chantal has a helper to clean him and change him twice a day, but still she has to feed him breakfast, lunch and supper, as he can't find his mouth anymore. But he looks so healthy and normal, that it is hard to believe that he is only a body.
She is such a couragous and cheerful girl, and since her two sons moved out to their own flats, she lives alone with her two dogs and her cat Caline who loves to drink the rainwater from the table. and of course the shell of the man who once was her husband,
2. With this dull and grey weather to cheer me up I went to "my" big garden store to take some pictures
and to comfort myself I bought this cute little cat for our garden.
3. As soon as it had stopped raining I put the cat on the window board of the guest room window, where it can watch over people who come for a visit or try to convince us to become Jehova witnesses.
4. The garden store is close to where Ilona lives, so I stopped at her house and with a hot cup of tea with honey we exchanged our mutual worries about all kind of things. After that we felt much better. That's always a good comfort visiting friends when the weather is so grey and dull and cold !
5. Our teacher took this picture of Chantal and me, while we were "working" hard in our painting class.
I have started a new painting, and hope it will be finished for our yearly exposition now end November.
After painting class, I had lunch with Nicole in "our" Asian restaurant and stayed there for two hours, the owner knows us meanwhile, we are rather good clients. The atmosphere is so family friendly and all people chat together so that it is a pleasure to eat there and I can take a plate home for Mr. G. for supper as he doesn't like to have a warm lunch and going out !