18 May 2012
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. After acqua gym and our "tea party" I went shopping for cat food. Arthur must have a hole in his stomac ! As it was nice and warm I finally finished my planting in pots, and realized that I didn't have enough earth and also 5 plants were missing ! We didn't eat outside, but other neighbors started their first barbecue.
2. The next day it was cold the temperature had dropped about 10°C ! and then came this
between heavy showers, dark skies, and sunshine, suddenly we got hail, big like peas ! It looked as if it had snowed. My poor freshly planted flowers ! No way to continue my garden job !
3. Next day it still rained so I took the opportunity to create a special birthday photo for our Indian friend, whom I know since 1967 when we worked together in an American company. When he married a French girl, we also became friends, were pregnant at the same time so our sons have the same age and our friendship lasted all over these years
This is the result, then I bought a nice frame and tried it out. I am quiet happy with the result, now I have to print it on photo paper and put it in the frame. It's always difficult to find a nice gift for people who have everything !
4. My son called me to tell me that he wants to come with little Toby over the weekend. Of course we were both happy to have them here.
My grandma "equipment" missed some important things, so I went to Ikea where I bought this foldable net box for the toys and a little diner service for toddlers.
5. I also imagined that I was 18 month old and had just learned to run around and discover the world. First thing I would try is to check out the cat figurines of all sizes and materials which are sitting a little everywhere, and of course try to pet the real cats. As a naughty grandma, I removed all cats which are in reach of a curious little boy. Then I removed little tables and the remote controls, and of course I also invented something to protect my 4 cats from a nervous breakdown, in case a cheerful laughing and screaming mini human runs behind them and eventually even catch their precious tails. So tomorrow before they arrive we will put something in between the door frame which allows the cats to get out of the "sleeping quarters" but won't allow Toby do get in. Life is made of compromises.