3 Feb 2012

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE



more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

1. On January 31st was the last day of winter "Sales" in Belgium. We only have sales twice a year, one in summer one in winter. So as it was the last day the shops did "sales" on Sales which meant up to (or rather down to) 70 % of the original price. No wonder that everything is so expensive if they still earn something with a 70 % reduction. I thought I'll have a look in my shoeshop and I found what I was looking for since quiet some time,



a pair of little red boots real cute ! I didn't hesitate for one moment, tried them, they fitted, bought them and went home happily ! Rosie agreed to give a little special touch to the picture.

2. The left front wheel of my car was loosing air and I had to get the wheel repaired. As it took 45 min and it was freezing cold (- 6°C, 20 F) with a strong wind, I did some shopping and when I came back the car still wasn't ready. So I put my heavy shopping bag on a pile of stuff and walked through the shop to look at all gadgets which are sold for cars. Meanwhile my car was finished, I payed and went to pick up my car. Suddenly I realized that I had forgotten my shopping bag, went back to pick it up and it had disappeared. In fact the whole pile of stuff which had been in this corner had disappeared too ! I asked and was informed that my bag was in the garbadge, because I had put it in their bin ! A young man went out looked in the bin and came back with my bag ! I can tell you everybody laughed ! These things can only happen to me !

3. For my Yoga classes I badly needed a fleece jacket. I found a very nice red one still on "Sale" bought it and when I came home I thought that I should have bought two because they are so comfortable, light and warm.

4. After Yoga classes the next day I went back to the store to buy a white one but as "Sales" were over I had to pay the full price ! Only 3 € difference but still !

5. Mr. G's collegue in Computer classes, told him "I found your wife on Internet"



and gave him this picture. It was taken by a Waterloo Artist and published under "Waterloo Artists" what an honnor !

11 comments:

  1. I think Rosie wants to be 'Puss In Boots' and wear those very nice red boots.
    Congratulations on being a Waterloo Artist, your paintings deserve such an honour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those red boots!
    Have a great week-end!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Gattina I love your red boots! Congrats on buying them and also your lovely fleece jacket. I so love shopping when there are sales - you get what you want and the retailer gets what they want! Congrats on being the Waterloo artist too - love your art pieces, especially cats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha, you're such a distracted professor! Did you know you posted the wrong link at Susanne's this morning? You're not going to get much visitors this way! Congratulations being a Waterloo Artist! Those boots look elegant as well as comfy. I hope your weekend will be as wonderful as the week that has passed. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those boots are so cute. And I love fleece. It is the best invention for winter - light and very warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend the Waterloo Artist, how wonderful!
    Your red boots are cute, and the bag in the garbage bin was just too funny.
    Really enjoyed today's post, Gattina, but especially the picture of you and the one of Rosie.
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those red boots! How exciting to be listed as a 'Waterloo Artist'.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are cute boots!

    I'm glad you git some good sales - and got them back from the garbage bin!

    I love fleece jackets - so cozy.

    Are those your paintings? Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those boots are the bomb! Love them.

    How nice of the young man to go digging for your bags in the bin. Now that is service. :v)

    Love the picture of you and your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had great success in shopping the sales, Gattina: cute red boots and a fleece jacket; AND a story about how it all got chucked in the bin before you even got home. What a laugh.

    Congrats on being advertised as a Waterloo artist on the Internet! Good advertising. And how affirming to see this.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !