3 Feb 2012
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. On January 31st was the last day of winter "Sales" in Belgium. We only have sales twice a year, one in summer one in winter. So as it was the last day the shops did "sales" on Sales which meant up to (or rather down to) 70 % of the original price. No wonder that everything is so expensive if they still earn something with a 70 % reduction. I thought I'll have a look in my shoeshop and I found what I was looking for since quiet some time,
a pair of little red boots real cute ! I didn't hesitate for one moment, tried them, they fitted, bought them and went home happily ! Rosie agreed to give a little special touch to the picture.
2. The left front wheel of my car was loosing air and I had to get the wheel repaired. As it took 45 min and it was freezing cold (- 6°C, 20 F) with a strong wind, I did some shopping and when I came back the car still wasn't ready. So I put my heavy shopping bag on a pile of stuff and walked through the shop to look at all gadgets which are sold for cars. Meanwhile my car was finished, I payed and went to pick up my car. Suddenly I realized that I had forgotten my shopping bag, went back to pick it up and it had disappeared. In fact the whole pile of stuff which had been in this corner had disappeared too ! I asked and was informed that my bag was in the garbadge, because I had put it in their bin ! A young man went out looked in the bin and came back with my bag ! I can tell you everybody laughed ! These things can only happen to me !
3. For my Yoga classes I badly needed a fleece jacket. I found a very nice red one still on "Sale" bought it and when I came home I thought that I should have bought two because they are so comfortable, light and warm.
4. After Yoga classes the next day I went back to the store to buy a white one but as "Sales" were over I had to pay the full price ! Only 3 € difference but still !
5. Mr. G's collegue in Computer classes, told him "I found your wife on Internet"
and gave him this picture. It was taken by a Waterloo Artist and published under "Waterloo Artists" what an honnor !