21 May 2010

SHOW & TELL FRIDAY


More participants here

I had a big plant standing in our entrance, but after almost 30 years of faithful services it lost its leaves and looked like a skeleton. It was time to say good bye and I throw it out. Not very thankful I admit.

Instead I bought a new vase and sunflowers and put it there. Now when I open the door at least the view is cheerful !






I also changed the little basket I have standing there which I always change at all seasons, now it is prepared for spring and summer.



And last but not least I finally could fill in my flower pots outside ! In April it was very warm but too early to plant anything, in Mai it was too cold, with sometimes even frost, so I had just an opportunity now, before I leave for my round trip through Morocco on Sunday.

9 comments:

  1. The flowers indeed look cheerful. Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sunflowers. I wouldn't have thought that a tall vase would be "safe" in your home !
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cheerful welcome up your gardden path (I love the cat sitting there too - reminds me of home - sniff) past the spring baskets and to the sunflowers in a new vase. Sunflowers are a crop in our area in South Africa. Wow, you do love Africa, Gattina! Morocco. Have a WONDERFUL holiday. Blessings and hugs. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. 30 years the plant lasted.WOW!!! It's almost as old as I am LOL The new ones are beautiful. I hope you have a great trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time in Morocco!
    I will try to dig out the magic word to cause hilarity among the locals...
    I think it was "ah-ohw-tt" (a bit like "a oat") ~ the magical abracadabra that caused tittering amongst the mysteriously veiled locals... it WAS 18 years ago, so please forgive me if the pronunciation's slightly sketchy ;->...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun in Morocco and bring back lots of pictures. I really would love to visit that place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's already time for Morocco? Wow! I cannot believe it!
    Have a wonderful time and I will look forward to hearing about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great trip. Looking forward to photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cheerful ---
    oh I wanna go with you!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !