17 May 2010

FUN MONDAY - Shoes



Thom our host this week had the wonderful idea to come up with shoes ! He says :

Imelda Marcos apparently loved them. I despise them. We all have to use them. Shoes. What would we do without them? So please tell us about your shoes and pictures are encouraged.


Quiet the opposite to my mother, who was a mini Imelda and left over 60 pairs of shoes when she died, I never cared about shoes. I wear them because otherwise my feet would hurt or get cold. In short they are a necessity. I never pay attention to other people's shoes either, and you could easily live besides me in slippers for 20 years and I wouldn't even notice it.

When I worked and went out or earlier when I went to parties I had a few high heel shoes, but since I am retired I don't even think about them. Lots of people also shrink with the age and I don't want to be a giant in public with my 1.72 m (5.64 feet) plus heels !

Below you can see that I keep my shoes with a lot of affection and care (for those who don't understand, this is black humor) in the basement on shelves.




When I took these pictures I was very surprised that I have a lot of shoes ! I thought I had maybe 2 or 3 for every season, but apparently I have more. The trouble is that I throw them on the shelves forget them and then think I need new once for a special occasion and buy a new pair, always to reasonable prices, I don't invest money in shoes !

On the left above of the picture, are my boots and winter shoes when I have to be "dressed" besides are the spring and summer shoes for the same reason and below shoes for every day and every occasion. As you can see I wear a lot of baskets (or sneakers) or whatever they are called, with a preference for Nike.

For me the most important thing is that I feel well in my shoes !


PS. The view on the cobwebs around the shoes is free





15 comments:

  1. Good for you. I'm all about comfort, too. Thanks for the spiderwebs and cartoons. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you are Imelda Junior LOL I can't believe all the shoes that you have. But I do love the cobwebs ROFLMAO! The cartoons were great. I loved looking at all your shoes as well :) Thanks for playing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gattina! I think you DO have a little of Imelda in you! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE those polka dot shoes! ALL of them! I would have liked to spend an afternoon in Imelda's shoe closet... I ADMIT it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wear flat or nearly flat shoes as well. I only have maybe 2 really comfortable pairs though, the rest are tolerable only.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your polka dots shoes...so cute. Most of my shoes are bought for comfort...I do like them to go with what I am wearing. You cant go wrong with basic black or brown. Guess I own at least 12 pair of shoes. The cartoons are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have left instructions with my kids that upon death, all of my shoes are to go with me wherever that may be. I'm sure they will honor that. Don' you think so? HA! I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cartoons. :D

    I adore your polk dot shoes. They are sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not much of a shoe person ... but boots and sandals are my absolute weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do agree with you! You have many, many shoes!!!
    I haven't so many! Sandales are my prefered because my feet are free inside! Et pas besoin de soquettes!!! évidement il faut que le temps le permette! Cette année c pas évident!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like your collection of polka dotted shoes, they are cute and totally You!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you have your shoes categorized and organized! I have to say that I have never heard of tennis shoes called "baskets". LOL.

    My post is finally up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun shoe collection. I manage to keep my shoes organized, but I never know what clothes I own!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wonderful! I love the dog cartoon. Isn't it just like a dog to do this?

    Imelda had way too many shoes but then I guess it was more of a hobby with her. If I had this hobby I most certainly would have a lot of shoes I would never wear. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. The polka dot shoes are really cute - but I can't wear shoes shaped like that at all. I enjoy shoes on other people, but they really aren't for me. I have two pairs of shoes I wear and one on standby.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm all about being able to walk. period. bad feet, bad leg, bad words. ha ha.

    I stick with some pretty reasonable ones. You ended up with quite a few there missy!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !