30 Jul 2009
more participants here
13. ....also in the News !
1. After stealing about $1,154 in liquor, two burglars decided to celebrate and got so drunk they fell asleep instead of escaping, police in Swansea, Wales, said.
2. An Illinois man was accused of stealing more than $45,000 worth of eyeglasses from suburban Milwaukee stores because he enjoys being around eyewear.
3. An Adelaide man will face separate drink driving charges after going to a police station to ask for directions.
4. Police arrested a suspected car thief they found asleep in the 2001 Oldsmobile he's accused of stealing.
5. German motorist mistook an underground train tunnel for a road and drove 200 metres along the tracks before he realised.
6. German police uncovered over 1,000 pairs of underpants and more than 100 pairs of swimming trunks after catching a thief nabbing another three pairs for his collection
7. A man was arrested early Saturday after allegedly ringing residents' doorbells naked then leading deputies on a chase in a pickup truck, a San Mateo County sheriff's lieutenant said Thursday.
8. Police in central New Jersey say they arrested a man on burglary charges after he returned to the victim's house to apologize.
9. Canadian police were on the search on Monday for a brazen thief who snatched a take-away meal while making a naked run past a fast food restaurant's drive-though window.
10. A southwest Florida woman was arrested after deputies said she assaulted her 71-year-old common-law husband after he complained about her cooking.
11. A British judge sentenced a 76-year-old man to jail for calling for an ambulance more than 40 times to complain about a sore throat.
12. A policeman who hailed a taxi in Nigeria was shocked to realise it was his own car which had been stolen 20 years earlier.
13. A Connecticut girl overheard her mother's screams during sex and thought she was being assaulted, so the 16-year-old rounded up some friends to attack the woman's companion, police say.