17 Nov 2008

FUN MONDAY - Favourite Jewelry



more participants here

The Misanthrope has the following assignment for us :

Do you have a piece of jewelry or other item that holds great personal significance for you, and that you wear or keep with you every day? Show us a photo of your talisman, and tell us why it is so important to you.

That is rather difficult for me because I don't have any piece of jewelry which has a great personal significance for me. All the jewlery I have I love the same way.

When I was younger I loved gold and real precious stones. Since a few years they are all in a safe because I don't wear them anymore. I switched over to silver and semi precious stones. I did the opposite of what women usually do, they wear silver when young and gold when old.


Zircon and moonstone

This ring I bought here (in Egypt) last year and wear it every day. There are 4 others but I have no picture of them.



During the 7 times I stayed in Egypt I bought these necklaces and armlets with turquoises, corals and mother of pearl stones. They have beautiful jewelery for all tastes and not expensive at all compared to Belgium, Italy, or Germany.



Hematite and turquoises



Agates and Malachite



malachite



Lapis Lazuli



Citrine

On all these items my heart hangs on, but there is nothing special to tell about them. Usually they were Birthday or Christmas gifts (which I choose myself of course, hehe)

15 comments:

  1. I only wear silver jewellery as gold doesn't really show up on my skin tone. I love semi precious stones, too, my favourite being amethyst.

    I love your moonstone and zirconia ring, though, that is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You are such a jewelry person! You always have jewelry on... I only own a few pieces - and nothing really spectacular. The only that I would highlight would be my two crosses ... the silver one, and the pink one from you! Even my wedding ring is very UNremarkable... microscopic stone! I wish I had gotten a sapphire instead - but that wasn't DONE back then! I really don't care for diamonds...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I like your jewelry selection. Can I borrow some things? Ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gattina - you have such beautiful items with such interesting stories! I liked the lapis lazuli best, because blue is my favorite color. Thanks so much for participating this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the best gifts are the ones we choose ourselves.. friends, spouses, etc. i guess it goes for jewelry too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are gorgeous! Of course, they are nearly exactly to my own taste as well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was trying to pick out a favourite, but wasn't able to! I love all the different colours of stones. What a collection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are always blogging as if you were still in Waterloo! Love all these beautiful collections of stones' necklaces! I choose the lapis lazuli so blue as a summer sky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your collection Gattina! And nice to know we're on the same boat...we love to collect jewelry!

    Happy Fun Monday...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful collection! I like all the pieces for they have a lot of character.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are so beautiful, great pieces. Thanks for showing them to us today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have quite a jewelry collection. I think I like the ring the best, very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your jewelry is beautiful. It looks a lot like that made by American Indians.They use a lot of natural stone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the fact that you wear jewelry that you've purchased while traveling. Especially enjoyed seeing the earth stones in nature colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your ring is pretty and very unusual. I think it's lovely to collect pieces of jewelery when you travel as you have a lovely memory when you wear it.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !