This is my last post from Italy. We are on the way home and Blogger will post it for me today.
13 Things which happened during our holidays at the Garda Lake in Italy
1. 3 terrible thunderstorms ! I am not used to at all, with fist thick hail (fortunately not in our little town) overfloading and little tornados which blew roofs away !
2. Our appartment was overfloaded, the water came out of the shower. We just had time to put our stuff on beds, sofa and tables.
3. The lightening was scaring and the thunder in the mountains so loud !
4. Mr. Gattino got a stiff neck, I suspect he looked too much at young girls !
5. While visiting the "Bell of Peace" above Rovereto (Mr. Gattino's home town) he discovered a picture of his father from 1945 being part of UNPA (which was a group helping against airforce attacks) who after eight years of silence made the bell ringing by their arms force.
6. The two ladies working there turned out to be friends of my SIL and knew the family very well !
7. While we had our picnic up in the mountains at another beautiful lake and we watched a rescue by helicopter. Next day we read in the newspaper it was a cyclist who will remain paralized.
8. I went with my girlfriend to the concert of peace which was helt in Rovereto. There were more than 3000 people listening to the music of different singers or groups from Europe.
9. People are protesting against a new American base project. The Bush governemnt wants 1200 soldiers here to protect them. Everybody is for peace but not with armed American soldiers and don't want any protection. Therefore they are very anti American. For American soldiers it would be very nice, because the base would be in very beautiful holiday place ! But I doubt very much that Bush has thought about that !
10. I saw twice a swan family, mom, dad and 4 babies crossing the beach amongst the tourists to join the lake !
11. We went to a beautiful restaurant up in the mountains, looking very austrian, specialized in spare ribs and roasted chicken.
12. I have never seen so many surfers in my whole life !
13. I will miss my lake !
The swan family on their way to the lake
The Austrian looking restaurant
The bell of peace and my father in law in 1945
Protest everywhere : Peace yes, but not with a war base. No to the base of Dimattarello
The peace concert