20 Dec 2007
13 things I remember on Christmas
1. When my 3 year old son got an electric train and put his guinea pig in a wagon to have him "travel" ! Pitsou (guinea pig) liked to turn in circles !
2. When my darling 7 year old son put firecrackers in our open fire because he wanted that we had fun, we had fun indeed but not as he expected.
3. When my father (mother always agreed) grumbled about the electric candles on the Christmas tree instead of real once, the fact that we had a 1 year old boy who had just started to walk wasn't an excusable reason to him.
3. When he (mother agreed) also grumbled about the Christmas tree decoration because it was colorful and had a lot of funny cute little things for little son, to him it looked too common and not sober enough.
4. When I spend Christmas eve with my parents pretended to be sick at 8 pm and hurried home to (not yet) Mr. Gattino where we had a cute little tree and spend our first Christmas together.
5. When I saw Mr. Gattino's Nativity scene for the first time and thought it would take the whole living room when he started to put up alll the houses and figures !
6. When during the Christmas eve supper my mother always cried and left the table because my father showed his "caring love" by insulting her.
7. The face he made when my little son told him that he is very very naughty
8. The Italian swearwords I learned when Mr. Gattino put up the tree
9. When at the first Christmas in our new house the heating broke down and we were freezing and waited for somebody to come to repair it on Christmas Eve ! But somebody came !
10. When our dog ate Baby Jesus in marzipan every day and we didn't know who it was !
11. When I was wearing a long dress, stepped on the seam and fell in the tree.
12. When I saw the first Christmas tree my son had made up in London and pushed a scream when I saw it. It was the biggest and tallest tree I had ever seen in a private home !
13. The faces my men made when they stormed in to see what had happened to me !