22 Nov 2007

THURSDAY THIRTEEN





Usually in the evening we have our supper while watching TV. When you have a good "chance" then you can watch a CSI series. In French it's called "The Experts from ... (Las Vegas, Miami, New York etc) I like these series because it shows what today's science allows to solve a crime, e.g. to find a murderer just with a little piece of a toenail. I also admire this ultra modern scientifical instruments. The only problem is that you better not watch when you eat. For some people it could be dramatic ! Here is the description of one evening :

13 things while watching a CSI series

1. When cutting off a little piece of my steak and put it in my mouth, a car explodes on the screen. While I am masticating I see a completely burnt person looking like a too much grilled part of a barbecue with pieces of skin hanging from his face and other body parts. Big zoom on the burnt face to make it more fascinating.

2. While I swallow my piece of meat, big zoom on another face, even more spectular, no lips anymore and pieces of raw pink skin are visible. Apparently that makes it more colorful for the film director.

3. I take a little of the roasted potatoes, that fits in the movie. Suddenly in the to black burnt head 2 eyes open wide ! They look horrible without eyelashes. I swallow my potatoe, the eyes were blue.

3. My eyes still fixed on the screen, and masticating mecanicaly, I am now in the pathology and the burnt corpse lies naked (except the private parts of course, the film could be forbidden) on a table but you had the satisfaction to see all other burnt parts in all details.

4. The pathologist opened the chest with something I had missed, because I had cut another piece of my steak.

5. He tores the cut appart and I had the opportunity to see a lot of in blood swimming mashed things. That makes me think that I have to buy ketchup.

6. While I am busy with my vegetables, the pathologist announces that he has to amputate the fingers of the still living person. Meanwhile they had found out that it was a woman something was missing.

7. Unfortunately I missed the amputation because something felt off my fork. But then I saw one of the CSI man holding the cut fingers in his hand and big zoom for the watching public. They looked like burnt hot dogs.

8. Meanwhile the pathologist had found out that the dead person had been shot before he had burnt in the car

9. To make sure that everybody could see exactly where the bullet went in and where it came out he took a long stick and put it through the two holes. From the back to the chest. I masticated my steak, unfortunately no en brochettes, that would have been more adequate.

10. The woman had been rolled up in bandages and looked like a mummy. Big zoom again on the open naked eyes in the white wrapped head. I took another piece of roasted potatoes.

11. While I ate peacefully, the mummy was unrolled and lie now in full view on the operating table

12. The pathologist pulled off the burnt skin with a pair of tweezers and again a big zoom on the raw flesh.

13. The movie continued that way and after exactly 45 min the killer was found. (And our supper finished)



Moral of this TT for all Americans and Canadians celebrating Thanksgiving, don't eat your turkey when you watch a CSI series on TV!

I personally don't understand why it is necessary to show all these disgusting details ? The series would be much nicer without. Not everybody is able to make the difference between reality and fiction.

18 comments:

  1. CSI, miami... Hmm.. Watched a few episodes.. But stalled now because of exams...
    P.S. While at ur supper the next time, try watching Mr.Bean series...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never watched this show, but I don't think your TT is an advertisement for it!! Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too funny! I'll remember that. :)

    My TT is up too...here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit I skipped some parts of your TT because of the detailed description!!lol
    I have watched this show but I often close my eyes to avoid disgusting scenes. You have to be a surgeon to enjoy the close-ups!!
    Happy TT and guten Appetit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned a long time ago to never watch CSI while I eat! (and even if I'm not eating I often close my eyes for the really graphic parts)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sooooooooooooo glad I don't watch the tele. I haven't tuned in for years and years....
    Happy TT'ing!
    Huggles and Love,
    Raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge CSI-fan, all of them. I kinda like the detailed approach. :-)
    Thanks for visiting my random TT. In The Netherlands people have always celebrated Christmas with a tree, but they put it up after Sinterklaas or even later. I grew up with Sinterklaas and a Christmas tree, so did my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never watched CSI but I love Medical Detectives. I'm glad I'm a vegetarian.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband would know this list better than I, it isn't a show I have been able to watch. I prefer non violent stuff. But I know my husband loves the show. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eww. Note to self: Never eat while watching any of the CSIs. Thanks for the words of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, I WAS eating breakfast when I started reading this! LOL
    I love CSI too!
    Have a great Thanksgiving today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gattina, a lesson for all of us not to watch CSI while we are eating! Ha! Love CSI too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very good lesson to learn, you're brave watching CSI during supper, LOL. Canadian Thanksgiving was in October but I have to say thanks to the belated Thanksgiving wishes, and Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends and good wishes to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't have any idea what you're talking about since I rarely watch TV. But, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't handle those shows even when I'm not eating... to much murder and mayhem for me. We're watching Mr. Bean today... I love Mr. Bean.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 'I swallow my potatoe, the eyes were blue.'

    When I got to this line, I was holding my stomach, I was laughing so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love CSI Vegas! I think that Greg is a cutie. Ok. So I tend to go for geeky guys.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !