20 Nov 2007

COMPILED NEWS





Queen releases 60 wedding facts
The Royal couple honeymooned at Broadlands, Hampshire. The Duke of Edinburgh had two stag parties before his wedding to the Queen and the couple were showered with rose petals as they headed off on honeymoon. The information is among 60 facts released by Buckingham Palace to celebrate their diamond anniversary. Another fact reveals how their wedding cake on 20 November 1947 was 9ft (2.74m) high. I wonder where they got all the eggs and flower etc from to make such a cake in 1947 while the rest of the population had nothing to eat and to line up with tickets to get some food. Just like in Germany. I remember the time when Phil travelled around the world and invited everthing beautiful and blond into his bed while The Queen was sitting in her Buckingham palace and reign with horns high like the Empire State Building. But there must have been a reconciliation. After a long gap between the first children suddenly Andrew and Edward were born. (Unless they are from a handsome stable boy or gardener). He was so lucky good old Philip that there were no paparazzi at that time. The scandal papers would have had everyday fresh news !




The royal palace in Madrid announced Spain's Infanta Elena had separated from her businessman husband Jaime de Marichalar. Elena and Jaime - who wed in 1995 after meeting eight years earlier in Paris - took the decision to separate "by mutual agreement". The mutual agreement came from him ... he left her. OK she is not a beauty but a nice woman but he just used her to be amongst the Royals. I would be afraid to meet him in a dark street because he looks more and more like Dracula except his front teeth. And that's probably why I couldn't find any recent picture of him.



Hair-raising moment as Prince William reveals bald spot

Whether he is on or off Army duty, it is unusual to see Prince William bare-headed.
And this is the reason why. Pictured leaving a nightclub at 3am, the 25-year-old prince has clearly lost quite a bit more hair from that once luxuriant crown. Sections of pink scalp peep out between tousled blond strands apparently combed forward in an attempt to hide the problem.
Poor Wills I suggest him to consult Elton John, he perfectly managed to cover his bald head ! Money is no problem.


Late Pope becomes a singing Star ! John Paul II who died in April 2005, was known for many things, but until now, not for being the star of a music video. That's set to change as the Vatican launches a DVD designed to hasten his path to sainthood. And if you were expecting the sounds of traditional Catholic music, think again. The Church employed Simon Boswell, a non-Catholic British composer, to write the music. Oh pleeeaaase if anybody can find THAT on YouTube I will be thankful for the eternity ! That must be something ! John Paul rocking and singing on stage like Mick Jagger !! Meanwhile I use my wildest phantasy to imagine that !



A portrait of Queen Elizabeth I, celebrated in movies starring Cate Blanchett, has been valued at as much as 1 million pounds ($2 million) for a London sale by Sotheby's on Nov. 22. I have to think it over, sizewise it would fit in a bedroom and the money I have too but being watched by this lady .... ? She looks like a love killer.



A cargo ship on the baltic sea has run ashore on a sandbank near Ahrenshoop in north east Germany. On board the maritime police found a Russian captain, aged 44 completely drunk. None of the eight passengers on board were hurt. Charges have been brought against him for endangering the maritime traffic. See ! even on the sea you are not sure anymore from drunken drivers !


The Spice Girls have performed live for the first time since their reunion, at the annual Victoria's Secret fashion show in Los Angeles. The British five-piece sang two songs at the event, which was being recorded at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood ahead of its US broadcast on 4 December. What a world wide important event ! Much more exciting than the daily news of war and politics ! The only thing which worries me is where is Victoria Bekham ? Last time I saw her blond with short cut hairs !




A piece of the staircase of the Tour Eiffel in Paris, estimated between 15.000 and 20.000 € will be put up on auction in Paris at Drouot's. The piece is from the staircase which was created by Gustave Eiffel on march 31, 1889 to set the french flag in 300 m altitude. The elevator didn't exist yet. Wonderful ! I have to take the TGV (train) and hurry to Paris ! But before I have to mesure our staircase. If it fits then I could climb up the Eiffel tower stairs every day from my basement to the kitchen up and down. What a dream !



Cat recruited to patrol station

Pc Tizer is said to be a valuable member of the team Police at a north London railway station which has got mice running scared. After recruiting a 13-year-old cat Tizer was adopted by British Transport Police (BTP) from the Cats Protection charity in September and inducted into the force as an honorary constable. In his role as the Chief Mouser Pc Tizer walks around King's Cross rail station to keep it rodent-free. Very good ! I only hope he gets a good pay for his work ! I have seen a lot of mice while waiting for a subway ! (I only tell it you, but sometimes I had some crumbs in my pocket for them)



A Chinese cook who mistook a packet of rat poison for flour when making rice dumplings inadvertently killed himself and five others, state media reports. Unbelievable ! I always keep my flour and rat poison apart in two different colored Tupperwears ! It could never happen to me even with guests where sometimes I wished I could muddle up !

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Jaime de Marichalar and Elena have been in all news here. Magazines have issued special reports on the "ex" love-story, pointing out that it is not a divorce just getting apart . You know "good" Catholics just.don't.do.THAT!(I don't understand the deal, lol!)
    Oh, Victoria Beckham is brunette again, I didn't know that, how could I have missed such important news :)

    I will think twice before I go out to a Chinese restaurant again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gattina, Just caught up on all the royal news,Its all over our news here also,, Oh Phillip Naughty boy sowing his wild oats else were, Lol Wills is loosing his hair so young, They say bald is beautifull

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope that cat will NOT be run over by the train.... *shivers*

    Excellent point of views of the news as usual.... *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! The handsome Prince William is going bald!

    I have never had to use rat poison, maybe now I should start buying some to put next to my flour. That will give me an excuse to poison some obnoxious guests. hahaha.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last bits of news made my day or night I should say :) That was funny but of course not for the victims. Why they don't just get cats like our chief mouser there :) to get rid of the rats.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !