6 Sept 2007

THURSDAY THIRTEEN

13 Things about smoking

1. Three children out of ten are smoking the others are so boozed they couldn't find their cigarettes


2. Smoking is very bad and it's frightening that 13 year old girls smoke but at least they don't smoke during pregnancy !


3. Smoking starts earlier and earlier. Babies used to have baby phones in their rooms and today they have fire alarms


4. personally I have nothing against people who smoke only when they exhale


5. Smoking is bad for teeth. Therefore I take them out before I light a cigarette


6. Smoking is dangerous for your health, because the non smoker besides you could stab you


7. Some people didn't die of smoking they went to the doctor to be killed


8. Don´t drink and drive! Smoke a joint and fly home!


10. smoking weed makes you uncaring, why ? You don't care


11. Half of the population dies because they smoke, but the other half dies too.


12. Beer makes fat, whisky sick, I have nothing I only smoke


13. It is allowed to kill animals and eat them. But it is not allowed to pick plants and smoke them.







Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Luciano Pavarotti has died this night in his home in Modena (Italy). He had cancer. I very much loved his voice !

19 comments:

  1. ;) I'm a non-smoker tho!!!

    Happy TT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever! Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quitting smoking was hands-down the hardest thing I've ever done. I can't tell you how much I wish I'd never even started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very amusing but true statements. Love #s4, 5, 6,8, 11, 12 and 13.`

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nr.6 is my favorite!
    I quit smoking 20 years ago: I wanted to get pregnant. Now don't assume cigs are a contraceptive, lol!

    Luciano is gone, his voice will stay with us forever...

    ReplyDelete
  6. 4, 6 and 10 are my favourites. I'm trying to get my son to stop smoking; he is trying to but I think he didn't realise it would be so difficult.

    Sad news about the great man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I neither dring nor smoke. I don't know if I will live longer. . . .it might just seem longer!

    Do you know the wartime tune, "Cigarettes and whiskey and wild wild women"? I always figures giving up two ut of three isn't too bad.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gattina ~~ I gave up smoking (after 40 years),11 years ago, I'm
    happy to say.
    So sad to lose a wonderful singer
    like Pavarotti, but we have the music preserved in CDs etc. He was such a happy soul. Cancer is a rotten disease.
    Thanks for your comments, about Steve
    Irwin, he was too young to die. And
    there are protests about Pres. Bush
    about traffic blocked streets etc.
    Take care, Love, Merle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Numbers #10 and #11 are soooooo good! I love 'em. Great list once again Gattina. Yes, I just read on Yahoo news about Pavrarotti!! So, so sad. I too loved his voice, and will truly miss seeing him entertain us. The world has lost its songbird!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm very glad I never started smoking, so I don't have to quit...
    Pavarotti had a great voice indeed!
    Thanks for visiting my Robbie TT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had just heard on another friend's blog about Pavarotti... what a loss! He was sooooooo good! I do send prayers for his family...

    And... I choose NON-smoking thank you!

    Annnnnd... NO mistake that I signed the linky today! I PLAYED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. #5 was so funny! And, #13 is very true! Great list this week! Thanks for coming by my site! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 7 years since I quit smoking! Yay for me!
    I saw a young girl in WalMart the other day and she was out to HERE pregnant and buying a carton of cigarettes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dad died 'coz of smoking too and it's really hard for him to stop. I'm just glad that I don't smoke. #5 is really funny hehhee...

    ReplyDelete
  15. #6 couldn't be more true here in WV. I'm just waiting for the return of the Speakeasy for smokers. #13 is priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. #8 is my favorite. My list is 13 movies I can watch over and over again.

    I didn't know Pavarotti died! Last I read he was unconscious. How very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now now....remember, smokers have an addiction. If you dont like the way it smells, move...lol. Non smokers can be pretty harsh...you never hear smokers talking so much smack. Lets not judge....feel sorry for them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Half of the population dies because they smoke, but the other half dies too." That one really made me laugh!

    Also sad to hear of Pavarotti's passing. But I was glad to be alive while he was singing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I recall a poem my mom told me when I was a little kid:

    I see that you smoke.
    I'll warn you, I chew.
    If you won't blow your smoke on me -
    I won't spit on you.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !