8 May 2024

HODGEPODGE MAY 9

1. Did you watch the Kentucky Derby this past weekend? Have you ever been to a horse race? Ever ridden a horse? Did you enjoy it? Have you ever been to Kentucky? Do you like Bourbon? 

Of course I haven't watched the Kentucky Derby, because it is not broadcasted here, I hate horse races, I find them cruel. I have never ridden on a horse, because I was afraid of them. I always remember when I had to take my son to riding lessons and I had to walk through the stable with all the horse heads looking at me, I took a deep breath and ran through ! I don't know when this fear disappeared now I bring them carrots and  pet them !


2.  What's something you wish you'd placed in a time capsule fifteen years ago? 

No, I can't think of anything, 15 years ago I was traveling and enjoyed life, didn't think of time capsules !

3. Are you adventurous? Elaborate. 

Oh yes ! very much ! For example I took an airplane (5 places) from Rome to Sicily in 1961 landed in Catania and realized that I had forgotten all papers at home, with address and telephone of my boyfriend who should come and pick me up but didn't come ! But I managed and I am still here !

4. Something you want to make this year? It can be a new recipe, craft, diy project, a milestone you've set for yourself...anything at all. 

I want to make some travels, but I don't know if it is possible because of my breathing problems. I never know the periods I feel "normal" and then after walking a bit completely breathless.

5. Cinco de Mayo was also celebrated this past weekend...do you like Mexican food? If so what's your favorite dish? Have you ever been to Mexico?  Margarita-yes or no?

Can't say anything about "Cinco de Mayo", but I like Mexican food ! Favorite dish ?  Tacos I think, unfortunately I don't remember the names of all the dishes I ate

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I think I am really lucky to be here in my "castle" ! There are no restriction here, my son and grandson came to present me their 1 year old doggy whom I hadn't seen yet. Dogs are allowed also in the restaurants the room and of course can ran around in the garden. 

My son with his dog trying to get the two dogs together to play, but it didn't work ! The employees too can bring their dogs if they need to. 


My 13 year old grandson played with all of us a funny game, he had asked if he could participate and had a lot of fun. I was pretty proud because he was so patient with a 94 old resident when she told him for the 4th time that she has 5 children and now wants to visit her mother ! He told me later that it had been a good experience for him. There are no visiting hours, everyone can come whenever he wants. Coffee and cookies and fruits are offered, and everybody is welcomed. I don't think that in other senior residences it's the same. I have to say we have a lot of space too !


The lady at the left is 100 years old and participates in all activities. She sits in a wheelchair but not all the time and is perfectly clear in her head ! Under these circumstances I have nothing against the fact to become 100 !

7 comments:

  1. I'm sure your grandson brought a bit of cheer to everyone there. How fun to have the dogs there too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely that Toby enjoyed himself and told you so -- he inherits his grandmother's love of people (and patience). The puppy is really cute too. And you really do live in a wonderful Castle .

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks and sounds like a great place! Hopefully there are more places like your Castle in Belgium and everywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Toby is a wonderful caring young man!
    Maybe one day Leia and the activities man's dog will be able to play together.That would be fun for both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is home from home in your castle. I like the fact that everyone can come at any time with their dogs. Did Rosie meet Dario's dog? I imagine not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems you live in a very nice place, Gattina. I love that you have so much to share. I am inspired by your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you found an amazing place. How wonderful that your grandson participated, it's so good for younger ones to interact with older generations. I hope you do get to travel

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !