6 May 2024

AWWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND MAY 4




 
Pookie who shared our life from 1998 - 2017


*****

Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

 

WEEKEND

This weekend was very nice, my son, grandson and "grandog" came for a visit ! Fortunately dogs are allowed here everywhere and Leia was very happy when she could run around in the huge park !

They brought me a beautiful bouquet of tulips (from Amsterdam, lalala) and then we sat in the restaurant near the door, to allow Leia to go out when she wanted. 

 She couldn't go into my room, because I had to protect my little grandma Rosie, who is too old to handle a dog, and I want to keep her as long as possible ! 

My grandson had grown again and nearly caught up his 2 m long dad ! the residents greeted them and couldn't believe that Toby is only 13 years old. Unfortunately I forgot to take photos of the three ! That's a crime, I completely forgot !

But here is our animator talking with my son and they tried to get the dogs together so that they could play, but Litchi was too afraid (although a border collie) and Leia too young and wanted to play, so when she started barking they took them apart.

Leia

Then started our daily game, and I told my guests that we could go somewhere else but they wanted to stay and 13 year old Toby wanted to participate ! He had so much fun I have never seen him laughing that much ! 

He handled the once who had hearing problems and shouted answers in their ears and little Rina told him for the 3rd time that she had 5 children and asked him if she was in a hotel etc. He answered real well, and told me later that it was a good experience for him. I must admit I was proud that he accepted so easily the fact that old people sometimes become like children. It was really a nice game. Then we had coffee with the others and they were "interviewed" my son too, maybe he is impatient with his mother but with the others he had a lot of patience. I got a lot of compliments the next day.

For  supper we went to the Italian Restaurant "La dolce Vita" which Rick loved so much and had good Italian plates. Leia, very brave, lay under the table and didn't move.  And then it was already time to say good bye, and when I got out of the car and took the first step, I fell gracefully into a large puddle since it had been raining all day. My son picked me up, luckily I had nothing (as always) but I was wet from head to toe and my clothes were full of mud! After checking and asking me if I was really alright we said goodbye and I went into my room changed and watched a movie. Then I went to bed and didn't sleep very well because I had cramps in my legs. That stopped when I had the idea to shower my legs with hot water. Next day I read that this was an old grandma recipe and not an invention of me !

The next day still nothing hurt, but I felt as if somebody had knocked me out ! My head felt like I had been knocked out. I quickly said good bye to Irma who went back to her home in France after her husband had passed away before she could drive him home ! She was such a nice woman and I will certainly miss her. 

In the afternoon we played 


archery and laughed our heads off ! The arrows landed everywhere but not on the large plastic bottle that was set up as a target. In the first round I was not so bad at least I touched the bottle but the second round my arrow landed nearly in the kitchen and "killed" a girl who brought the coffee ! So the day went quickly by and outside it rained, but it was not so cold. It was a very nice weekend.




 


5 comments:

  1. Awww on your precious Pookie. So many special babies that have shared our lives and hearts.

    I'm glad you had a great weekend. You almost killed the gal that brought you coffee? You made me laugh out loud.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Scritches to Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you fell into a puddle but good to know you did so gracefully and with your son nearby to pick you up. Sounds like it was a wonderful visit with family at the castle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you’re day is going superbly.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a very nice weekend. I'm glad you weren't hurt in the fall into the puddle, but what an ending that was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as I hear those two words- tulips and Amsterdam I have to start singing! Your weekend sounds full of fun. What a pity it ended so gracelessly with you in a puddle! No wonder you felt battered and bruised the next day.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !