22 Feb 2024

HODGEPODGE FEBRUARY 22

1. What kind of thinker are you-doer concrete thinking) analyst (analytical and abstract thinking), orator (logical thinking) inventor (imaginative thinking) or original thinker (creative)? What makes you say so? You can try this little quiz (link here) to help with your answer. 

I didn't read the link because I got a warning not to open ! So I answer without. Honestly I seldom think, I guess, I act immediately and think later. So far I've been lucky and haven't fallen flat on my face. But there are different kind of thinker in one person, decisions or thinking about an event or a book or whatever.

2. Do you own a crock pot, air fryer, and/or instapot? Do you leave said small appliance sitting out? How often do you use it/them? Favorite thing to make in one of these? 

I am happy that I am not concerned about these appliances, I don't have one and I don't use one, for the simple reason that I am happily living in a Retirement home, and get everything ready for eating on my table !

3. What's something you hold a strong opinion on that matters not at all in the grand scheme of things? 

Nothing comes into my mind, I think I am rather flexible

4. Describe the view from your window. 

My view is absolutely gorgeous, I can overlook a part of an enormous park belonging to the castle in which I live, it has been converted into a senior residence.

5. Do you have a favorite brand? Explain.

I am not at all looking for a brand and therefore have no favorite. I don't care about brands I wear or use what suits me or what I like. For example I choose a dress even on a market or in a second hand shop and if I like it I buy it and realize later that I was "lucky" it was from X brand. I once bought a raincoat on the market which I liked very much, and which reminded me a brand, and when I had a closer look I saw that I had bought a real Burberry coat ! My motto is, it's easy to dress smart and expensive but difficult to dress smart and cheap! And I have no regrets to give it away when I don't like it anymore.

What a bargain, I paid 20 € instead of 200 € for the same model ! The coat must have fallen from a truck !

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

I have the blues today, it's still raining and as a gift they announced strong winds ! I am thinking if I go out or not, but I badly need some fruits. I also had promised to see my ancient neighbors. I'll see ...

Last week we had ONE day of sunshine and for February quite warm, one of us put her mobile in the grass ran back to sit down, so we were all on the photo ! Wished I could do this  again, but it doesn't look like.

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. What kind of thinker are you? I am largely an analytical and abstract thinker, which slows my thinking right down and drives my husband nuts. However I don't make as many mistakes as other people of my (advanced) age.

    Do you leave any small appliance sitting out on the kitchen bench? I most certainly do .. an espresso machine. It doesn't look difficult to use, but I wait till the beloved gets home from work at 3.30 each afternoon when he makes me an espresso coffee and brings it to my desk :) Best time of day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say you are creative and impulsive:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading all your answers today! Hope you get some nice sunshine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. February is tough weather wise in most places I think. But spring is coming and soon you'll really get to enjoy your lovely surroundings. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have crock pot, insta pot, and or a air fryer. But I do like my dutch oven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your view is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !