13 Feb 2024

HODGEPODGE FEBRUARY 15

1. What does love mean to you? 

For me there are two kinds of love. The one I feel for a man or my husband, and the love for people and animals. It's always love, but it is different.

2. Is love blind? 
 
When you are a teenager love can be blind. Later most of the women pay more attention and can suddenly realize that they were wrong. But there are also humans they remain blind even if they are terribly unhappy or maltreated

3. How do you remember Valentine's Day as a kid? Do you have any special plans for the day this year? 
 

I only knew Valentine's Day when I arrived in Belgium. In Germany in the 50/60 it didn't exist. 
When I was 17 or so Valentine's Day was only celebrated by couples. Now everybody celebrates Valentine's Day it has more become a day of "Love" ! Even here in my retirement home we will celebrate Valentine's Day and the young residents are between 70 and 100 years old ! 
My heart is not in the mood to celebrate at all, I have lost the love of my life. But I will make an effort and participate in all activities.

4 Are you a fan of the movie genre known as 'rom-com'? What's your favorite (or one of your favorites)?
 
I don't like simple dramatic love stories  there must be a bit of humor and psychology in it. One I really loved was "Notting Hill" with Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts. There are a few others, but I forgot the titles 

5. What's something you recently put your heart into? 
 
 
Nothing, I still look for my heart which I lost last year. It's too early. I am still trying to find my new life

6. Insert your own random thought here.  
 
I am glad that I am here in "my" castle, I really feel home in my room which is almost a flat. I have a living room and a bathroom, it's spacious and I am always happy when I return home and are greeted by little Rosie. In fact I think that I am really lucky that I found this place that is not cold and like a hospital, where people are treated like numbers. Everyone is friendly here and I have never seen people fighting. 
She is happy too !
 
Yesterday was Valentine's day and we were singing and laughing and taking pictures of all residents 
This lady below is 100 years old sitting besides her son. She is as young as a teenager and we became friends !

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !