22 Jan 2024

AWWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND JANUARY 20


 I was swimming !



AWWW MONDAYS

 

*********  

Saturday it had stopped snowing, but as it was very cold all streets were slippery, many accidents happened of course. I couldn't go out, if if I wanted to, as I had parked my car behind the castle, it was standing there nearly invisible, because it is white, but the thick layer of snow was even more white.

I spent nearly the whole morning with googling after renting rights, my little Rottweiler  (landlord) had sent me such stupid letter that he could have earned a first price. On top it was full of faults.  Apparently for once he had written alone. I let him wait a bit, anyway the guarantee amount is blocked on my bank. He wrote that apparently I don't understand anything and that I should ask my son to handle this affair. The poor boy has never worked in Belgium and doesn't know anything about Belgian laws. I just imagined the little landlord dealing with my 2 m long son. This picture made me laugh.

In the afternoon I went in our restaurant which at the same time is the saloon. On a table against the wall was coffee, tea, orange juice, wafels, and cookies. I had taken the Scrabble game along, but we all were a bit to lazy. I sat together with my 100 year old friend and her son and talked a bit about everything.

Each day there is gymnastic in the morning, which of course I prefer to do in my bed, but once a week or sometimes twice it is at 3 pm. Here we are sitting and waiting for our physiotherapist a young man.

Slowly, slowly I like to live here more and more, everybody is so friendly and there is a homely athmosphere. There is no difference between director, his assistant,  the cleaning personal, the nurses, the kitchen people and us the residents. That might sound strange for people who are used to call everybody by their first name, but here in a nursing home it's quite unusual. Today for example a cleaning women showed me her family pictures and asked me if I knew the laws about heritages ! Apparently her MIL has 2 houses and one son and she is 86, so she wanted to know if they have to pay a lot of inheritance taxes. I told her as the laws change, it's better she should google and gave her the link and  the man who served me my lunch spent a while with me, because he has adopted a cat, and asked me how to handle it and what it needs etc etc. So he was at the right address. Rosie likes him, good sign. The time they "loose" they catch up with the residents who don't speak and lay motionless in their bed. I have never seen them they are in the annexed building which once had been a convent for nuns !

Sunday it was grey and the snow melted slowly, I still couldn't drive out the parking space behind the castle, but on a Sunday there is noting special. In the afternoon I went to restaurant to drink my coffee there, and I was content that I had done it, because there were 4 ladies I knew and one got visit from her eldest and youngest son and her DIL. I know her because every day she asks me what she has to do and where she would sleep this night. I changed the always the same subject and she told me that she was Italian and 96 years old, her father was "imported" to work in the mines here. She still spoke Italian and suddenly turned out to be very funny and we laughed a lot. The sons were happy that she had found one who spoke Italian and we talked about Italy. They were all very cheerful and we spent a nice afternoon together. 

I was right I thought to go into this castle, I have medical survey, I am free I can go and come when I want and the people are so friendly. When I feel a bit alone, I just go downstairs and find some others and we had a coffee together. Really ideal. I haven't regretted once my oh so beautiful apartment, where I spent the worst time of my life.

 


and Rosie is happy too, finally she is an only "cat" which she had always wanted. She  also has changed character, she is less anxious, has her sleeping and playing hours, and became very affectionate.


9 comments:

  1. It is good to know you have some confidence in the decision you made to 'The Castle'. You can turn on and off social connections as you choose. You are seeming to be more social and mixing better, and doing it on your own terms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all seems to be working out very nicely for you and now you can relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recall, Dario's friend was supposed to deal with the landlord's complaint. Your son, Dario, should indeed take action , if you don't want to be 'dragged' to court.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are settling happily. This new place sounds ideal for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swimming is a good thing for pups. So cute.

    I'm so happy you're happy with your new home and that Rosie is happy too. Beautiful.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. Scritches to Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to hear you talking so positively about your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear that you are happier. Good news about Rosie being more affectionate too. Being able to find friends and company is so good. Don't worry about getting out in your car just relax in your cozy castle and wait for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure did choose very well for yourself to be living where u=uare are now. It is ideal and wonderful!

    Hope your snow dump has gone away enough that you could get your car in a better parking place.


    And phooey on that nasty landlord...sheesh!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !