19 Jan 2024

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

The week started with some troubles!  Always with this Landlord, in his case I agree with Trump and. his love of shooting people. But I am here and weapons are not allowed. It's still my owner, this pain in the ass (excuse my French) who wants to pay me for damages that I couldn't have done, probably because the former tenant has disappeared without  paying anything. For a year I still got his post mostly police and Taxes.

I spent nearly the whole day googling for my rights and then I wrote a letter to my landlord full of honey and insisting that I am an old woman who lost her husband and that it was certainly not him who damaged the parquet, and the door handle to the balcony and other things. I was surprised how I must have lived in this apartment, as if I didn't live with one little cat but with at least  an elephant.


He probably caused the damages in the bathroom !

The next day I finally could go out, as it had rained nearly 3 weeks. Shopping is a pleasure now, I just needed fruits, toothpaste, and a shampoo. It seemed to me that the prices for everything had raised again. I wonder how people with 4 children do ? 

When I came back there was no space on our parking ! All visitors, so I drove for the first time behind the castle, and parked my car there. I picked up my shopping bag, locked the car, did the first step, and without any reason (as usual) I fell ! Just when I wanted to get up 3 nurses and a man arrived to pick me up, and then they couldn't believe that I had nothing. Because they had seen my fall. They wanted to put me in a wheelchair, but once I was on my feet, I started walking towards my room. Followed by the nurses, one carried my bag. He told them they could leave me alone now, and they went away reluctantly. In the evening came one again to check if I had nothing and I told her that really had nothing it didn't even hurt ! And in the morning came one even before they brought my breakfast. But everything was OK, blood pressure, pulse, and disappointed (nearly) She shook her head and told me I should work in a circus.

Over night it had snowed and apparently since 2011 we didn't have such a lot of snow exactly 30 cm !


Our park looked fairy

Now we were locked in. The personnel had to leave their cars on the main street, because they couldn't drive up to the entrance and parking. In the afternoon our animation girl proposed a very nice game, we had to find capitals from different countries and other things. Then we had coffee and a Belgian wafel and chatted together.

Same the next day but with another game which was quite difficult you got two pictures the original and a copy where different things were missing and you had to find them. 

I sat in front of Jeanne the nearly 100 year old lady and we chatted together. Amazing I didn't notice the age difference and we talked about Brussels how it was in the 50th and where we lived and then about Waterloo, and how it had changed. We were the last once to leave the restaurant.

The snowing had stopped, but it is very cold - 4 and quite slippery. This time we had gymnastic in the afternoon. I didn't want to participate, just take some photos and look what they did, but then it was so interesting to do gymnastic on a chair which reminded me some of the Yoga movements, at least you can't fall ! The one who was the fittest girl and managed to do all the exercises, was my 100 year old Jeanne, in a wheelchair ! She is really an example, how to get old. 

I also got a Scrabble game and have found 4 ladies who like Scrabble too. So we decided if they don't get any visitors we will play during the weekend !


 One happy resident ! She has a lot of fans amongst the personal




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 



6 comments:

  1. sounds like a great week for you, minus the annoying emails from your landlord and also minus the fall! glad you are safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, Rosie would be the most popular cat in the whole castle.
    I'm glad you have found Scrabble buddies. One of my favorite games (but I have to play it in English).
    You were very fortunate that you did not hurt yourself when you fell. I understand why the nurses were so concerned. But you did great, jumping back up.
    Stay warm and cozy with all that snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks as though indoors is the place to be, nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were ok after the fall. Hope the situation with your landlord get resolved soon so you can put it all behind you. Hope the snow has gone by now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, I am glad you are ok after falling. The nurses comment about working for the circus made me laugh. Rosie looks very comfy in her new home. It seems everywhere is seeing snow even places that don't usually get it. We had a big dump last week but we're in weather whiplash here with record setting cold last week and record setting warmth this week.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !