25 Jan 2024

HODGEPODGE JANUARY 25

1. Do you have a word for the year (WOTY)? If so, and you'd like to share, please share. How do you decide on a word? If you don't have a word are you still on the hunt for one for 2024? 

I can't find WOTY in our oh so clever Google, but WOT which is sometimes used in writing to represent what, to show that someone is speaking very informally or that they are being humerous. In all the thousand books I read during my life I have never seen WOT. Usually  I'm rarely short of words, after all I'm known as Chatterbox.

 2. January 23rd is National Pie Day...will you celebrate? Do you like pie? What's your favorite? 

Certainly not ! I am not a "sweet" person, at least when it comes to sweets. I eat pies when I am invited but I have never made a pie in my life. Rick was not for sweets either. 

3. Tipping. What are your thoughts, expectations, as to who, when where? Do you appreciate a store/restaurant giving a 'suggested amount'? Have you ever left an extravagant tip? 

Tipping is not obligatory, it's included in the invoice in Europe. however some people give tips, just to show that they have money, but they have none. Ask your partner to tip you for making the bed, serving his meal, cleaning his suits or clothes in general etc etc. I think he would protest, so he could do the work himself to safe money.

4. Share with us one household 'tip' that works for you. 

A cleaning lady and a cook

5. Influencers on social media are people who've built a reputation for their knowledge and expertise on a particular subject. Do you follow any influencers online? Have you made a purchase or tried something new because of that 'influence'? If there's one you particularly enjoy tell us who they are and why you enjoy them. 


 It's very rare I let myself be influenced . For me an influencer is a joke, but there are probably people who need something like that, because they are insecure.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I often think I did one of my best decisions in my life, living here like a princess in my castle. My health has improved, I can walk even longer distances without being breathless. I have started to take part at all animations, and I feel better and better. And now when spring arrives and I can discover my beautiful park, it will be even better. Tomorrow I will play Bingo (for the first time in my life)

 In perhaps 3 months the trees will start to put their green clothes on !

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. You were brave to make the decision to move but you knew all along it was the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !