15 Dec 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

What a week ! I am half dead. I had to do so many things, that I just managed to return home and sit down, otherwise I had to sit on the street. I had to go to my  apartment to leave my keys for the cleaning lady. In the living room my whole belongings were piled up and waited to be taken away 2 days later with an elevator. I didn't regret anything, only that it had been such a beautiful apartment, but I lived the worst time of my live in there. 

Now finally my bags are unpacked and I found a place for everything. The trouble is now that I don't remember where I put the things ! I found the long lost car papers again, amongst books and tons of fashion jewelry which I wanted to give away or sell it but like the clothes I wanted to give to charity are also here. I put them in a corner and after Christmas I will get rid of them. 

On Monday is the big day I give the keys of my apartment back and an official expert will look around to see if I didn't demolish anything. Then I will hopefully be in peace. 

Rosie has a lot of success here ! Yesterday came a girl from the kitchen and brought me a bottle of water, her excuse was, she wanted to see Rosie and showed me photos of her two cats. Fortunately Rosie is getting used to so many people who want to pet her and accepted with grace that the girl petted her head ! I think she likes it to be a star !

This morning I saw men collecting the dead leaves, and there were many ! Probably they couldn't use a machine, because the way is too small. Rosie watched them from her tower, as if they were mice !

We have finished the 3 Christmas trees on each floor one except the 4th floor, where the brain damaged people are. Father Christmas greats you at the entry and at the reception stands the big tree and the red star. I will probably put some little things in my room, as there is enough decoration everywhere

more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Good to hear you are getting more settled in. Hope the handover goes ok on Monday and you can put such a difficult time behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is looking very festive. Each time you post you seem to have achieved more chores to improve your new home. Your apartment days are all behind you now and I hope 2024 will begin the next chapter in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does take time to get settled in. And all the things you find-- papers, files, jewelry-- will eventually sort themselves out. You have done a great job with this big move.
    It does seem like Rosie is going to be a star in your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, my friend, you seem more and more organized as the days pass. I LOVE that Rosie is a star in your castle. Did you remember to take the lost car papers out of the pile of fashion jewelry and clothes that you will give away later? At least then you will still have your papers! Your floor's Christmas tree is beautiful. Keep well. Joxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks festive. It will be such a relief to finally turn your apartment keys over to the landlord. It's fun that so many people love Rosie and she doesn't mind the attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to hear that both you and Rosie are settling in. The place is looking very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes indeed a very busy bit of time, but its all behind you now.mRosie is soaking up the attention...she likes this new stage in her life, and I sure hope you too will be able to fully enjoy it.

    Lots of pretty decor for Christmas Time there!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !