30 Nov 2023

HODGEPODGE

1. Does anybody really know what day it is? Last week we skipped the Hodgepodge and I just assumed this week would find us in December, but nope. Still November. Do you wear a watch? Use a paper calendar or strictly electronic? What's your favorite hour of the day? Why? 

I always wear a watch couldn't live without, I would feel naked. I have to look on my smartphone or computer to know which day we are, since I am retired the days are all the same ! I only use electronic, on everything I don't like paper !

2. Tell us something about how you celebrated the Thanksgiving holiday.

My ancestors didn't have to escape to America, so there is no reason to celebrate something. Our turkeys were very happy, only it's a bit delayed they have to go over the rainbow, as the tradition requires a turkey in poorer times it was a chicken at Christmas !

3. What's a sound you hate to hear? 

When someone scratches on a blackboard with chalk, I get goose pimples

4. Where do you not mind waiting?

in a restaurant or café but not outside on the street !

5. I really wish my health would improve, I was very seldom sick, but since the death of my husband, my lung disease (COPD) has gotten worse and after a few steps I'm breathless.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I think how lucky I was to have found this senior residence in a castle with a wonderful park around. With my furniture and my cat and a very friendly personnel I am really happy.





 

6 comments:

  1. You've endured stress so hopefully now you're settled into a very cozy home, you will breathe easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're enjoying your new home. Perhaps now that you're settled and the stress of the move behind you, your health will also improve. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the comment above. It looks a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're feeling better, and staying healthy. Your new home looks like a lovely place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad for you that you really like your new home. That Rosie likes it too is a bonus!

    Hope your breathiung issues will improve so you'll feel better, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like your settling in!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !