9 Nov 2023

HODGEPODGE NOVEMBER 9

 1. Are you too hard on yourself or not hard enough? Elaborate. 

Difficult to answer hard to myself ? It all depends. If you ask me to jump into ice cold water in winter I wouldn't be hard to myself.

2. What's the role of gratitude in your life? 

Important !  Studies have shown that feeling thankful can improve sleep, mood and immunity. Gratitude can decrease depression, anxiety, difficulties with chronic pain and risk of disease. If a pill that could do this, everyone would be taking it.

3. Where do you get your news these days? How much attention are you giving it currently? 

As I am born in 1943, the less as possible. For me it's all "déjà" vu. Same speeches, same violence, same ruins, same cruelty all seen already life. People have learned nothing . And if I see the pictures of the ruins and poor people it's just like in my childhood.

4. Do you like potatoes? Last time you prepared potatoes in some way? Which of the following is your favorite...baked potato, mashed potato, french fried potato, sweet potato, hash brown potatoes, roasted potatoes, or potato salad? 

Yes I love potatoes ! my favorite is a baked potato, hash browns and roasted potatoes

5. Are you a veteran? Are there any veterans in your family? Will you do anything special to honor them on Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day this year? 

In a German families there are no veterans and they are certainly not honored. I don't even know if there is a graveyard for German soldiers. They became outsiders and are not very well liked. No family is happy to have soldier as member. There is no German army either. Only for helping.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I panic a little because my move to the retirement home approaches and I have got a terrible cold and feel lousy. Fortunately today and the following days I have people who will help me. 

As the official services had no personal I had the idea to ask on the Waterloo Facebook page, to help me filling in the boxes with my cat collection. And no time I got answers 12 in all, so kind. And then came a woman and helped me and in 1 1/2 h it was done. She was in her middle age and very friendly.

At least I thought, there are still helpful and nice people on the earth !

 

The cartons come with me and the plastic boxes are stored until spring or summer at a friend's basement for a "cat sale" !

 

   
 
 


6 comments:

  1. There are many kind people but they don't get the recognition they deserve. I'm glad you found someone to help you. I hope you feel better soon - be generous and give your cold away:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope when you move you will go to more fulfilled life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The people who help restore our faith in the decency of humanity, especially when it is shaken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was wondeful that someone came to help you. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lady who helped you was like an angel in disguise!
    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you found a kind helper. Moving is not easy so give yourself grace. Lots of change and adjustments but I hope you enjoy and settle in to your new home with ease.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !