11 Nov 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

The whole week was awful, besides the fact that I am still not OK, and had again to ask on Facebook to do the shopping for me, as the official institution had not enough personal ! A real mess when you have to move, you are all alone and 80 years old. I don't know how I managed, but I did. 

The Facebook People were so friendly and I got more answers than I needed. Today it's over, the worst is done. I was sitting on a sofa and told 3 men and Maria what to do and where to put everything. 



every shelf is empty and in the boxes are my cats !

Then came the movers and took the furniture through the window on an elevator



From the 3rd floor until the ground. 

Then they drove to my "Castle" and Momo the boss put the furniture where he thought they would be nice. Then he sent me photos and a video. When I saw them I thought they had just taken my living room and put it in the room of the retirement home. It looked the same ! Unbelievable, was I happy

 
 Now we have to decorate and hang up the paintings.
 
But first I rest ! I will sleep for days, to recuperate all these months where I worried so much.  And now I feel like a horse that has reached its goal.
 


more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being moved into your new place! I know it is so much work to move!
    Yes, do rest and relax. Empty those boxes as you feel like it. No rush. (except for making sure Rosie isn't taped inside one of them)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're happy with your new digs and your move. The movers did a great job making your new home look much like your old one. Way to go. Now it's time to rest. I'm doing a Happy Dance for you.

    Have a fabulous weekend. Scritches to Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally you can relax in your new home. No more worrying about how you are going to manage on your own. Many, many congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that the time has finally arrived. I hope you are very happy in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At last! Now you can settle and relax. Unpack at your leisure and enjoy your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so much work to move, even with movers. It will take a while to settle in, but then you can just relax and enjoy it. Rest up--there's no rush.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got moved!! Congrats!! Yes indeed, worthy of a good deal of rest and relaxation.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !