1 Jun 2012
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. On Monday was Whitmonday and a day off. The weather was beautiful so Ilona, her mother and I went to the Greek festival in the Domain of Huizingen near Brussels. Apparently it takes place each year but it was the first time I went there.
It was a very nice afternoon. There were lots of people who had their own picnic, and many food stands with Greek specialities. A Greek lady took this picture of us, Emilienne (Ilona's mother 88 !!) and the "young" girls of 69. We watched women dancing the Sirtaki apparently men are more lazy when it comes to dance ! Except in Zorba the Greek ! It was quiet hot and noisy so we didn't stay too long. But we had a nice lunch of something I had never eaten and I forgot the name.
2. As soon as the shops opened again after this long weekend I went to look for a new camera as a pickpocket had stolen mine, and I felt like somebody who has lost his leg. Fortunately I had my little spare camera so that I could take pictures of the Greek festival. This time I didn't buy a Sony Cybershot anymore, because they change their models each year and my stolen one didn't exist anymore and I had bought it just a year ago !
Finally I found this one a Fuji FinePix Z90, which has much more features and was much cheaper than the Sony one. It also has a touch screen, allows collages, and is very performant.
Of course my cats had to pose for me to try out the new camera.
3. We had again a heavy thunderstorm with a lot of rain, some towns around Waterloo were severely damaged with flooding and mud ! Fortunately we only heard some thunders and it poured but nothing was damaged.
4. I had to do some shopping to fill in our fridge and couldn't find my glasses ! Without glasses I can't drive as I am blind like a mole. Mr. G. grumbling "each day you loose something" helped searching everywhere in the house even in the fridge, but we couldn't find them the worst was I have no spare glasses ! Finally I remembered that I had taken a shower in the guestroom, looked there and found them in the sink ! Then I could do my shopping !
5. Once a year I go to the ophtamologist to have my eyes checked and was happy to hear that everything was OK even my view hadn't changed so I can keep my old glasses.The rest of the day I was busy to learn all features of my new camera and tried it out. I still have to get used to it, but each day it becomes better .
a close up a collage with my camera
and just our entrance