27 Oct 2023

HODGEPODGE OCTOBER 25

 1. October 25th is International Artists Day...do you have a favorite artist? If so tell us who and why. 

My favorite artist is the painter van Gogh. Ever since I discovered him at school I was fascinated by his colors ! He was the first painter who painted outside and didn't use a studio. It's still my favorite, unfortunately I remarked that the colors over the years had faded, so that the photos or posters looked far better.



these are a few of my "masterpieces"

2. Would you describe yourself as artistic? Elaborate. 

That's for sure, I love art, I made pottery besides the painting, I went to art school where I learned drawing and painting and I also like to decorate rooms, etc.

3. What's a skill, task, hobby, or job you've done so often you now have it 'down to a fine art'? 

Everything I mentioned in nr. 2,  I don't do anymore, I have a black hole in my head ever since Rick passed away, my creativity passed away too, but I hope it will come back.

4. How often do you dine out? Fast food, fine dining, or somewhere in between? Tell us about a less than stellar restaurant experience you've had recently (or not so recently if that's easier).  

Since I live alone, I don't cook anymore and I go sometimes to the restaurant with some friends or when my son is here. I eat because  I have to, but it is no pleasure anymore. 

5. Do you celebrate Halloween? To what extent? Are there trick or treaters where you live? 

I personally don't celebrate Halloween but in the past we did a bit. It was not very well known in Belgium, but this year they all got crazy, I have never seen so many Halloween decoration and skulls, skeletons, and lots of restaurants celebrate, the shops are already; but there is very few trick or treaters underway. I think that's because of the Covid lock down, now everybody wants the time back which we lost and having fun was out of question.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I am still busy to sort out what I will take with me and now I am looking for litter boxes for Miss Rosie. I didn't know that there were so many different models in litter boxes, and the most expensive was over 300 € ! It cleaned itself !! That's a bit too much. I have to think that I am not getting younger so it must be a practical litter box. It's crazy how much you have to think about, I also have to cancel water and electricity etc etc.

To comfort myself I was thinking about getting a facelift





NOTE FOR JOYCE :

I have tried by all means to leave a comment on your blog, it's just impossible. My settings are right, but impossible to comment. Sorry !

2 comments:

  1. You're a creative person so I'm sure your creativity will return once you're settled in your new home.
    It's ridiculous how many different litter boxes there are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what you saw but my blog is at https: setting.
    Enjoyed your answers!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !