27 Oct 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

I can make a resume of a whole week in one day ! Nothing happens, now that my move approaches, I think that I have to rest. I had a good idea, at least I think so, I don't try to sell my cat collection on Internet, I will pack them in a carton and stock it in friend's attic or basement until spring or summer and then I will ask if I can sell them in the beautiful park of my retirement home.  I am sure they will agree, because it attracts people and the "inmates" will be amused.

 

This problem solved during the weekend I will pack the the remaining cats which I will take along in another carton and Momo  will bring it with all my stuff to my new home.

I also have brought my curtains to the tailor to have them shortened. They will be ready just before I move in. My son then will hang them up. He  wanted to come two weeks ago, but he had a problem with one foot, but he couldn't tell me what it was either in English or French. Only in Dutch. I wanted to know what it was, from the photo it looked like a corn or a wart. It had to be cut out.  It didn't hurt when he walked but it hurt to drive. The Google translation said "a hair in the foot" That made me laugh, usually men have hairs in the ears or in the nose, and he in his foot ! I still not understand. Anyway now he comes next weekend ! (I hope he doesn't get a wig on his foot) 

The days fly by, I met my two neighbors for a coffee and we exchanged the latest news of Waterloo.

For the moment I don't sleep so well and I dream ! I dreamed that somebody tried to take off my nose ! Fortunately it was still there when I checked, I saw cat Rosie's little face and she just stopped to wash my nose with her rough little tongue ! Another night I woke up because my face was full of cobwebs and I was disgusted and tried to clean my face !  But no Halloween witch was in my room it was Rosie  who took me for a highway and her tail went over my face ! I am being treated really badly

Dispite that I have to go shopping, this time for Rosie, I need a new litter box (I mean not I) with a cover. I never thought  that litter boxes have such different prices ! It goes from 6 to 600 € (self cleaning) 

As usual I visited Nicole while the priest hold his mass and I told her the last events. Am I happy that I didn't choose this home. It really looks like a hospital, and compared to their rooms mine is huge !

My terrorist


 





more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. I hope the foot is ok!! That's so weird...NEVER heard of a hair in the foot. Unless it was a hair that causes one of those clogged pores. I forget what they're called.
    I hope your move goes well and you are having a good autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you move goes smoothly.
    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your son's foot heals quickly. Sorry you haven't been sleeping too well. Rosie is lucky you haven't banished her lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your terrorist? 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully you can sell your things at the right time. Moving is not easy, not letting things go. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dreams made me smile! SOmetimes I dream of floods or basthrooms that are dirty, etc...and well. I have to get up to 'go'!

    That is a great idea for the cat collection. Maybe others might join you in a garden/yard sale.

    Rest well, soon you'll be in your new room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your son's foot heals well. It's funny how Rosie's actions translate into dreams.

    https://barbaraleeharper.com/2023/10/27/fridays-fave-five-718/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rosie certainly knows how to 'entertain' you day and night.
    I was amused by your 'hair on the foot' story. Language translations can be amusing and sometimes embarrassing. I'm sure every bi/tri-lingual person has numerous stories of having 'put their foot in their mouth'.
    Just two weeks and you will be in your new home. Then you can relax again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rosie's antics made me laugh. Oh google translations can be odd at times. Hope your son's foot heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !