30 Oct 2023

AWWWW MONDAY - Weekend 29


 There is a mouse in the shoe !!



Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

 

*******

What a boring weekend ! It was so stormy outside that my fake flowers which were still hanging in their pots on the terrace flew away, and even a heavy vase. 

The broken parasol flew from one end to the other and made such a noise that poor Rosie almost flew out of her basket. It was drizzling and I decided to stay at home and not go to the market. So I sat behind the television. 

My movie was interrupted by calls to tell me that out of 3 friends, 2 had a cold or Covid, depending on whether they tested themselves or not. I think that's stupid, because Covid or Cold, you have a sore throat, a running nose, a fever and you feel bad. So it doesn't matter what you have. 

I only see very few people with masks and even in the retirement homes there are no masks in sight and they were always the first. 

Laure, my friend who had just started her cruise to South America, sent me a message that the plane had to be diverted due to a storm before she boarded the ship in Portugal. This is starting well, hopefully it will get better. 

I don't feel like doing anything so I hide in my apartment and wait for the move. At least then I no longer have to worry about falling or anything else happening to me. With Rick dead, my health has dropped by at least half. I get all sorts of things that I never had before. Poor Isabel, who always looks after me, is also lying on her sofa and is sick.

I hope that my health will improve, people who know me always teased me with "the German Quality" and now I am a fragile Chinese doll !But as the saying goes, “weeds never go away.” 


 


 

 

3 comments:

  1. The miserable weather doesn't help when you're not feeling your best. I agree - cold or Covid, you feel bad and it doesn't matter what you call it. Staff at the doctors' surgery, doctors, receptionists, nurses, are all wearing masks again, I've been told. Is that a good or a bad sign, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie is having fun getting that mouse out of that shoe. Keeps her busy too.

    Yikes on the patio flying away. Scary too.

    I'm sorry you're not feeling your best. I hope you feel better soon and I'm sure you will after your move.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. Scritches to Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd bet everything that you will start to feel better as soon as you get settled in to your new home. And you will probably be selected as President of the Resident's Association before too much time has elapsed! They are just waiting for you and your talents!..... (And I know it must be horrible just waiting for the moving date -- hard to be kind of suspended in time, neither here nor there.)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !