21 Aug 2023

AWWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND AUGUST 20





 

Linking to AWWW MONDAYS 

 

*********** 

WEEKEND

 

Saturday I had a visitor. It's very complicated to say if she is a cousin, an aunt a little cousin or I don't know what. In short, my grandpa married my grandma who had a niece who married the brother of my grandpa (they were 11 children. They had a daughter who was the aunt and cousin to my mother. This daughter had again a daughter who was what ??  And I in the middle ? I think she is a cousin and an aunt is 4 years older than my son. So you know. Last time I had seen her she was 10 years old. She had the glorious idea to come to Waterloo and pay me a visit. She seemed to be funny on the phone and I thought why not ! And it worked !

It's strange I go well along with people who could be my children or with very old once but those of my generation rather seldom. 

She arrived at noon in a camping car !! I told her that she can sleep in my guest room without any problem, which she did, in the case we didn't understand each other she could always escape in her camping car !  Clever idea, could have been from me !

As it was quite hot, we went tot the Lunch Garden, nice and cool and ate the Belgian national dish "Moules, frites" (mussels with fries) They were absolutely delicious ! Fortunately because my cousin had never eaten mussels in her whole life !!

After lunch we went to the Waterloo Lion or from what was left and had a coffee there. 

Then we returned home and looked in the fridge, because I hadn't done any shopping, but it was enough. We were both lazy and practical, each took a tray and a large plate on which we threw the cheese and the grapes and apricots, then we collapsed on the sofa and watched "Escape to the country". A. also likes this show very much and we were also able to dig up family stories that I had long forgotten or that A. didn't know because she wasn't born yet! I was skanalized!!! What family did we both come from! We laughed our heads off. At 10 pm we fell in our beds.

 

A. is an early riser, while I am rather a morning grouch. But that didn't matter at all, because she wanted to walk to the Lion (10 km there and back). Then she was a bit tired. 

 


In the afternoon we went to Lac de Genval, a small lake, but very pretty. Actually I walked quite a bit and I have to say it went well.


The lake, we had real wonderful weather

For the first time in a camper ! With a special exit for "handicapped" people !

We stopped in a Brasserie and had a drink, before we returned home. It was a real nice afternoon.

8 comments:

  1. Yor cousin looks lovely! It seems you've both had a great time together. Perhaps she'll come more often to visit you. That will be nice for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm partial to the puppy. Your link for Aww Monday took me to a dead page. I had to click to get here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get along with all generation. I love goats.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her visit sounds delightful and a real tonic for you. I hope you manage to meet again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time in a camper? They are fantastic and deserve more support from those of us who have retired. My parents didn't have much money when their three children were still at school, so we all loved going each year in campers or caravans.
    Hels
    Art and Architecture, mainly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a real treat for you especially as you were able to get out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That visit sure gave you a wonderful weekend and a reconnection to one of your relatives.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !