28 Aug 2023

AWWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND 26

 





Linking to AWWW MONDAYS 

 

 ********* 

 

WEEKEND

Saturday I woke up at 5 am! Something woke me up I thought it was Rosie jumping on my stomach but she was sleeping peacefully at my feet. And then I heard a loud thunder so it was a thunderstorm. 

Of course I couldn't fall asleep anymore, especially since Maria came at 7.45 am, to clean the apartment. The whole day I thought a TseTse mosquito bit me, I kept falling asleep. I had to watch twice two films  because I hadn't seen nothing. When I went shopping, I had to be careful not to fall asleep. And now I just woke up. Sleeping makes you tired ! 

My son is still in Italy on the traces of his childhood. He sent me these pictures



I know that he wants to make me happy, but it hurts a bit to look at the pictures. The lake hasn't changed at all. Only the people. Most of them have passed away.

Happy times

Sunday morning the sky looked like it was bewitched, black clouds and sunbeams in between! I thought I'd stay in bed, then I wouldn't have to go in at night anymore. At that moment Rosie started making a noise like a dog mixed with a hyena, that I crawled out of bed as fast as I could and saw her half or completely dead, instead of sitting on my best carpet and grooming herself ! 

Then the phone rang just as I was having a coughing fit and could barely speak.The person on the other end of the phone told me not to cough into the phone.

 

I think I will change my ringtone !

That was too much then. Apparently this person didn't know that this disease is very dangerous,  and that I can't cough on command and it is not for fun. How can one be so stupid? It's like asking a blind man why he can't read. So my day was finally spoiled and I'm counting the days when I'm moving and I don't have to ask anyone for help anymore. Difficulties are solved for me and there is also a Doctor in the home. I just have to pay (and cough)

Even my landlord took off his stiff collar and typed me a letter ! 

That was the end of my wonderful weekend, and then it started to rain and I felt bad again. Now I think each time I am worried or angry or stressed, I get the same symptoms.

There was a big party in Waterloo today, but I didn't feel like going, the whole boulevard was full of cars. I have no fun without Rick. Even if he would have stayed home anyway.

 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you can move soon so you don't have to worry about so many things.

    I love this post and the best part is Rick. I know how much you miss him. Healing hugs.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. Scritches to Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !