28 Jul 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

On Monday there was a terrible wind again ! We had wind in the past but not that strong that it blows chairs and umbrellas away. This also was not good for my breathing, so I stayed home again and read very interesting posts of old blogs from 2009. There were still people on my reading list but who unfortunately had past away. Sometimes a relative wrote it on the blog, sometimes it hangs in Blogworld without an owner. I also watched TV, and when I typed I listened to "Britain got Talent" or the American one. That's nice because there are so many teenagers and even children with a wonderful voice. 

On Tuesday I did my shopping, it was still cold (for a summer day) only 19°C so I hurried up to go home again before I blew away. The couple who took so well care of me when Rick passed away, invited me for Coffee and cake or took me with them to a restaurant. And I didn't even know them well. Now her husband had climbed on a ladder and fallen down and was in hospital. She cannot drive, so she asked me if I could take her to the hospital. Of course I could. 

To my surprise (I was a bit doubtful) she could sit in my car without any problems as she is so fat that she can hardly walk. She had a cane, but that wasn't enough, she should have a walker. She weighs 160kg and is just 1.60 tall. In the hospital I had to get a wheelchair because she couldn't walk the few meters to the elevator and then to her husband's room. He is not better, although he seemed to be a bit slimmer because he didn't like the food of the hospital. (Good for him). He looked quite sick and I wonder when he can come home. She apparently doesn't realize the situation, she thinks that he can come home next week ! But he can't walk neither ! I wonder how they will manage this, I thought I better say nothing, she will see by herself. She is only 74 years old, and besides the grease she has nothing except that her knees hurt. Which is normal to carry this weight ! I wished I could tell her to loose weight, even through a surgery. She is such a lovely girl with a big heart !

I realized that I hadn't been to the mail box for a while. That was something Rick used to do, and I always forget. Anyway besides invoices there is nothing in the box. On my way back I stopped at Nicole's my neighbor, for a little chat and then I took the elevator again to my apartment. 

Slowly (very slowly) I look through the things I want to sell or give away. I had found a publicity in my letterbox from a company who takes "everything". I will see, anyway I will not haggle only a bit, I am happy if I can get rid of the things. And while I looked through my jewelry I found this :


A gift from Rick for a birthday in the beginning of our marriage, little golden earrings, of course cats ! I knew that I had them somewhere but didn't know where, and now they are on my ears again. They are so tiny that you hardly see them.  He offered me quite a lot of bracelets, rings and necklaces, each time we were at the Garda lake. He had had a girlfriend in the past and they had remained friends. She owned a jeweler"s shop, which was of course very interesting. She was a nice girl and we even became friends. 

To end the week we were blessed with buckets of water the whole day ! The farmers who had complained about drought, a few weeks ago,j  now complain about too much water. I think the result will be increased prices ! Each Friday I go to visit Nicole, she is still the same, her brain cancer apparently sleeps ! Hopefully for a long time. The only handicap she has is that she has difficulties to walk and has to use a walker. She wants to travel with me, but I think that belongs to the past.



more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. How very thoughtful of you to help that obese woman get to the hospital. It's sad how some people don't take their weight seriously. I'm glad you could help her!

    I hope your friend Nichole has many years left. You sound like you are very good friends.
    it's very very hot here today. high 90s F. I'm thanking God for the central air conditioning in our home.

    It's supposed to get cooler by Sunday. I hope that's true!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only rain and sun would coordinate and we could have a bit of each every day, that would be great.
    I hope your friend heals quickly and does well. Falling from a ladder is dangerous business.
    Glad to hear, too, that Nicole is holding her own against that cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Farmers are the same about the weather the world over, and they never make any money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here we have had thunderstorms this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Calm, temperate weather is what we want, not the ups and downs you're getting. It's good you were able to help your friend when she and her husband were so kind to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm late visiting for FFF. Your first paragraph about people who have passed away whose blogs are still up reminded me that I sent my kids an email with instructions about how to get into my blog when I am gone. I left it up to them whether to keep it up or delete it, but I told them I just don't want it taken over by bots. I've seen that happen--when a blog doesn't have any activity for years, and when I come back to it, it's all in a foreign language.

    I can say from experience that most overweight people know they need to lose weight. They just have difficulty making the changes they need to make. It was good of you to help the folks who were a help to you. I imagine the medical staff will let her know what her husband will need. I hope they have family who can help them out.

    Those earrings are cute. What a sweet find. I'm glad Nicole is doing well.

    My FFF is here: https://barbaraleeharper.com/2023/07/28/fridays-fave-five-705/

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !