23 Jun 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE


The heat continued also on Monday and my new ventilator was the only one which worked ! Even Rosie loved it. I tried to recuperate the photos I had bunkered at Photobucket. Since my password didn't work anymore, I tried to get in somehow to my pictures and it worked, I don't know how, but suddenly all the pictures were there. Now I emptied my own account and copied the photos into my computer of course only the important once. The others generously I left them. I felt like a Hacker, maybe I should try this with my bank ? 


I found some very to me very precious pictures of our last stay together in Italy visiting Rick's best friend who passed away three years ago.

The next day my nose itched and I got really angry another cold ?? I called my doctor and went to her in the afternoon. She was also surprised to see me so quickly again and decided to do a complete blood test. In the afternoon the sky became nearly black and it started to rain. It looked worse than it was, but a few km further there were terrible thunderstorms with lots of rain. The farmers were happy !

Fortunately it rained only during night and when I went early morning to the next building where a nurse looking normal and not  like Dracula put a needle and not her teeth in my arm and filled 4 flasks with my precious blood. Now I have to wait for the results.

In the afternoon I went to my neighbor Nicole, rang the bell and it didn't work. I banged on the door (for once I had forgotten my telephone) but she didn't hear me. I went up again and called, she was there of course and annoyed that her bell doesn't work despite the fact that she was wearing her hearing aids.

Just when I was starting this post, my internet broke down. Meanwhile I had learned how to check and what to do to get it working again, but it didn't. Finally I called my provider for help. Instead of having a human being on the phone I got the usual robot menu : for French push 1, for Flemish push 2 and then the whole thing from invoice problems until a new offer ! And that is called a help line ? I hope I don't have that in case I call the firemen and they ask me first if the fire is in French or in Flemish ! By the time I have the right service on the phone my house will burn down ! This new invention or not so new anymore since the COVID, exists apparently in the whole world now ! To make a phone call for something you have to take a day off.   

I wanted to buy me a summer dress, but it had started to rain during night and then there were cats and dogs falling from heaven the whole day ! 

 

I preferred to stay home, as  I became fragile like an orchid, I was afraid of catching something again, therefore I looked on internet and found out that Princess Cathrine's (also known as Kate) dresses were the hit ! (Copies of course).

Besides being Rosie's servant to open and close the door to the terrace all the time, because she didn't believe me that it rained, I watched "Britain got talent" which my grandson Toby had recommended to me !

can I go out now ? I think it stopped raining (or not ?)




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Photobucket is such a pain, I quit them ages ago...didn't have Anything important there anyways, just some graphics which were already stored in my own computer. I use them for making 'cards'.
    You're having lots of rain, and we have NONE. The ground is bone dry and the grass in our yard is burned to a crisp. We are also hot, and in the next few days the humidity will go way up, that is the worst. UGH.

    I just tried to change a doctor appt, and got the same...push this for that and so on. Sheesh! Have to wait forever to find a human at the other end!

    Sorry I missed so many posts...life has been busy here...we are all fine though.If I had a housekeeper and a yardman, I would have more time to chat online with my many blogging friends.

    I hope when you go back to England to your fave resort area that you will feel rejuvenated and in better spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had rain and thunderstorms here this week. I hope you're not coming down with another cold. I have a minor sore throat and drippy nose due to allergies this time of year, even though I take allergy medication.

    I need to check out Photobucket and see if I have anything still there. How neat to find the old pictures from Italy.

    We watch America's Got Talent, but I see a few clips from Britain's Got Talent on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I assume you got your internet fixed as you've managed to post. Yes calling anyone on the phone these days takes ages. I hope you haven't gone down with another cold and can enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So what was wrong with your internet? It is clearly working now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cartoon is so funny! Good that you recovered some of your photos! How nice that you have been to Italy. Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you were able to recover your precious photographs. The raining cats and dogs cartoon made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you recovered your precious photographs. The raining cats and dogs cartoon made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad that you were able to recover those photos of your trip with Rick to Italy. Wonderful memories.
    Dealing with phone calls for service is so frustrating. I hope you had Rosie there to amuse you and distract you.
    I laughed when I read the umbrella cartoon...it rained like that here yesterday just as we arrived at the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you could get to your pics! I haven't used photobucket in YEARS. Your cat is so cute! Hope you're feeling better and that your blood work came back normal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The eternal question of a cat: out or in?

    ReplyDelete
  11. My photos are all over the place.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you recovered your photos. I keep mine on an external hard drive as well as in my computer just in case. Sad to hear you are not feeling strong. Its the same in this house. Bill is getting quite frail.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh photobucket. They are hounding me about my account which I have not used in years. I don't think I have anything important there. I just used it because when I first started blogging for some reason it worked better to pull pictures from there. But years ago they started to shut down all my pics so all my old posts are missing things. Frustrating. Glad you were able to figure out a way to access your pictures and find those special memories of Italy.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !