19 Jun 2023

AWWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND JUNE 18

 






Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

 

******

WEEKEND JUNE 18 

I had the blues this weekend. Saturday it was too hot and I didn't want to go out, but I had too, I had no fruits and bread anymore. I wanted to do a lot of things, with the result that I did nothing, excepting looking for an old Flickr account to find some pictures I had stored there. But they were not interesting it was all about my painting course and an Album of London, which I have on my external disk. 

I am angry with Photobucket which I used when Blogger photo download didn't work and now they want me to pay for it and as I didn't because for years it was free and then suddenly I should pay for old stuff ? Fortunately I could replace them but they are not so important. I think it's not honest to say it's free for years and then suddenly you should pay for photos which are 10 or more years old ??

My umbrella broke I could close it, but good Maria had enough strength to do it for me. Now I have half an umbrella which I can't use.  We have no service for big junk which don't fit in a bin and you have to drive to the next village were they take everything also furniture. My son fortunately takes big things in his trunk and takes it with him to Amsterdam ! 

As every Friday I went to see Nicole, she was in a good mood and very well. We could go and sit in the big garden. There I met a man I knew from the Retirement home where Rick was, with his wife I asked her why he is now here, he has a cancer at the vocal chords A very intelligent man, but hard to understand. We had a coffee together and it had been a nice afternoon. His wife moved him, because she lives exactly one street further and has just to cross the street. There hadn't been a place for him before.

On Sunday I felt even worse, I wanted to stay in bed the whole day. I had found too many pictures from the past. My grief is worse now, than as it was just a few month when Rick passed away. I realized that I have changed I have become very sensible and without energy. I don't even think about traveling anymore, only to Amsterdam or Eastbourne maybe.

Yesterday three years ago we moved from our house here to the apartment. Rick liked it very much it was not far from the Tennis Club where he used to play Whist. It was just around the corner. Unfortunately our life together in this new place only lasted 6 months. 

 

Then he fell out of his bed, broke a hip and had to be taken to hospital. He came back twice as a visitor when he was in the retirement home, but  then he preferred to stay "home".

She is not better !


5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're down in the dumps. Not feeling well doesn't help, either. This weather should break soon and then I suppose there'll be too much rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lot's of Awww shots today.

    I'm sorry you're feeling down. I hope things get better for you.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. Scritches to Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gattina, I haven't blogged for 2 months so I haven't been keeping up. I am sorry to hear you are not doing so well. I hope that things get better and that you can, at least, get some of your energy back. It is hard, I know. Take care. I hope I will be a better 'follower'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gattina, I am so sorry for your sad heart. Our oldest daughter lost her husband in December 2022. It hurts our hearts to see her in such pain. I will pray for you. I love hearing your stories. Please take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will send loving energy to you. I love all the animals photo you post.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !