16 Jun 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

The heat wave continued also on Monday and Domi and I went to my neighbor Nicole (there are a lot of Nicoles who are in their 80, the name was so in fashion !) she wanted to bring her a bouquet of flowers, because she could leave her car on Nicole's space in the garage for the 12 days we were away on the cruise. Nicole has no car and it's her family who uses the space. As it was so hot, Nicole told Domi to put her car in the garage, so it would not be so hot standing the whole day outside in the sunshine.  

We chatted a bit and then we had lunch together, we didn't go nowhere else, the streets were empty, I think people were all inside or in the surrounding woods and parks where it was more fresh. Domi returned home late afternoon in a nice cool car ! and I continued to hang around. 

The next day I was looking where I could go to cool down and looking in the mirror I thought I really need a haircut ! My hair is very punctual all  6 weeks I have to have it cut. The hairdresser has her saloon in the Carrefour supermarket and there it was nice and cool ! Fortunately there was only another lady and nobody was in a hurry so we chatted all together and even when one's head was finished she stayed continuing to chat with me who enjoyed my haircut. It was quite funny and now I have a new head we also were refreshed !

I had the visit of a fire controller, he checked all entrance doors to see if they are fire proved,  mine was.

The days flew by always the same, blogging in the morning or surfing the web, or pottering around,  and in the afternoon when it was so hot I went "shopping". I was looking for some light summer trousers, and found nothing, but yesterday when I  was looking for something else I found one real nice !

My actual office

I got a call from a lady with an English accent asking me if I had any vibrations in my apartment. But I didn't have anything not even a ghost and switched to English because my  neighbor who is very curious, gets angry because she doesn't understand anything (am I not naughty ?) But I like to speak English because I only write, and the lady on the phone was happy that she had not to speak French. So we were both satisfied and instead of talking to each other for 5 minutes, we talked for half an hour about the people who live here and everything that doesn't work in the building and our lives of course. She knew about Rick's passing and was very compassionate. She is married to a Belgian and plays the supervisor for the building. Good so, my DIL would say (only in Dutch). We learned it from her. Even Rick : Buono così.

Too hot to play !

 

 


more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Thirty degrees and you are dying. Even without aircon we used to manage ok at thirty degrees. It is forty degrees you need to be afraid of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds strange to have a hair salon in a supermarket, but why not? Nearly everything else is there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's more a shopping mall ! In one building the Carrefour but also a hairdresser, a key maker, a mail service and the famous Belgian chocolates "Leonidas", and a flower shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was nice of Nicole to offer her garage. Cars can get so hot out in the sun, and it takes a while for the AC to cool them down. You have a nice patio office. :-) A good haircut can really lift the spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a haircut too! I know how much cooler I feel. I hope to go tomorrow. That table and umbrella look really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I approve of your office! My 'office' needs the addition of an umbrella still.
    A cool car in the summer time is an added blessing.
    At one of our homes in Los Angeles, we didn't have AC. When it was very hot, we would go to the coffee shop and sit there in the cool air. We called it 'renting a chair' when we purchased a drink.
    Have a good (hopefully cool) weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. shopping centres are a ood place to cool off and so too are cinemas. good to be friends with the building supervisor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have your days sorted during the hot weather. I like your office very much and going to visit the cool shops during the heat of the afternoon is a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !