7 Apr 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

 For once I can sum up my week without complaining about the weather! I had a week of horror behind me. 

It began because I looked for a handkerchief. By opening the glove box, I noticed that all the papers of the car, which were in a case as big as an old video cassette had disappeared. Last time when I had seen them was when I left my car in front of the Police and had kept the papers at home. Together with Dominique and Honorine we turned the apartment upside down, even in places like the freezer and fridge, shoes, furniture etc, and found nothing. 

I had to go to the police and declare my loss. The worst was I had an appointment for the car control the same day and without papers I couldn't go. 

Fortunately the policeman was very friendly and laughed when I told him that I had even looked in the fridge for the papers, then he gave me a document with a nice stamp that I had lost all the papers.

I was pretty exhausted and to calm myself I watched "Escape to the Country". Now I also understood why Rick once said to a friend that he was never bored with me, that the strangest things always happen to me.

Unfortunately, that was confirmed the next day,  because I had the stupid idea of ​​having my car washed. I had never seen a car wash like this before. Not a single human being was there,  everything was automatic. 

I chose my program, paid and waited at a red light in the tunnel that it turned  green, I had nothing to do only sitting and observing what was happening.

Suddenly my car moved despite the breaks direction  door, that was just opening and without me doing anything I was propelled onto the main street. Luckily I had the reflex to break, otherwise an even worse accident would have happened. 

There was a bang, my windshield suddenly looked like it was covered with spider legs, and my roof was damaged too. Thank God my car is small, if I had had a Mercedes it would have become a sports car !  The people who saw a white flash shooting out of the car wash had to laugh, it was like a funny movie. They apologized because they were laughing but the situation was really too funny. Even I had to laugh. 

Then the police came and also laughed when I explained to them that my car had been shot out and the door was still half closed. What a strange system everyone thought. The two policemen couldn't do anything but have fun with me since they couldn't talk to the garage door. Now I'll see what will happen. In any case, I had my window replaced, the people were so nice and fixed it the very next morning. 

The rest of the day I spent on the phone listening to the menus dial 1 for ..... dial 2 for .... for one question you need at least 15 minutes ! and when I had finished the 5 to 9 proposals, my problem was not mentioned !! Finally I pushed the nr X which concerned the accounting and there I got a human being on the phone who had nothing to do with my case, but was so friendly to direct me to the right service !

It's good to know that in accounting departments you get a quick answer ! 

That was my week each day something else, the car, the police, the insurance etc. and in between the telephone !

 

From not so far it looks like new

The roof

Windshield

and the front






more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. It is strange about the paperwork. I wonder what happened to it. I'll be interested to hear what the carwash company has to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never been or used an autocar wash.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never a dull moment, eh? It's so good that you have a strong sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You have had quite an eventful week. I'm glad you weren't hurt and the car window was fixed so quickly.

    A lot of businesses here now have "artificial intelligence" bots who try to answer your questions on the phone. If your need is really simple, they are fine. But often they are no help and keep you going in circles. I usually keep repeating "I want to speak to a human" until they finally connect me with one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't use auto car washes at all. Yikes. Glad you had a sense of humor about it all and good thing for insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. That car wash sounds scary.
    You really did have a week-- it is good that you can get paper work marked OK at the police station.
    The automated phone systems are a nightmare. Finally, you were able to speak to a human--definitely a fave.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHOA! You did have a very eventful week. I'm glad you could get the car window fixed and that the blessing I guess is that you weren't hurt!!
    So glad you had good luck with the business calls too.
    Now i'm curious...where are your papers????

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !