25 Mar 2022

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

On Monday Nicole asked me to come and keep her company ! She was feeling quite well, she has no chimeo anymore, and now she has a nurse coming in the morning to wash and dress her and in the evening too, besides others helping her so that she can stay in her apartment.

The streets of Waterloo were full of blooming cherry trees which looked really beautiful in the sunshine

We could sit on her terrace it was warm and here she did some neighborwatch, as the neighbor had two workers there checking the swimming pool ! I have to admit I have binocles too, but more for watching the little squirrels and the fox which live in the garden and not so much the neighbors as I can see the houses only in winter. In summer they are hidden behind the trees. 

I had to go to the dermatologist becausee the permanent stress gave strange things on my skin and it itched. He prescribed me 3 pots of special made cream which I have to put on my skin in the evenings.

When I visited Rick, the whole group was busy with making cookies and when they were cooked the nurse distributed them to everybody me included and they tasted real good. 

 


The others sat outside and enjoyed the sunshine and ate their cookies. It really was a wonderful spring day. Unfortunately Rick was not in his best shape and I think he was happy when I left and he could go back into his room !

Dominique my neighbor for 15 years just besides our house came and visited me and we also could sit on the terrace it was nice and warm. There is always a lot to chat. She also has Parkinson, but not like Rick, she trembles but has medication for it so that you can't see anything. She feels well, drives her car and leads a normal life. This Parkinson is really vicious that it has so many varieties.

I wished Rick would have more ups then downs but it seems to only get worse. The doctor called me and told me that she had changed his medication.  We will see.

 



more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

8 comments:

  1. I just said a prayer that your Rick will do well with his new meds. It must be hard to have him there and you in the apartment alone. I'm glad you got together with your friends on a nice spring day. Our Spring doesn't have the cherry blossoms popping open yet although I saw some buds on my cherry trees yesterday!! Today is a bit gloomy with lots of grey and rain. I guess we need the rain since we didn't get much snow here in eastern New York State this past winter.

    I hope you have a lovely weekend. I LOVE your cherry tree pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good that Nicole gets the support so she can stay in her own home. The cherry blossom is gorgeous at the moment. I think we are both experiencing the same warm and sunny weather. Perfect for sitting out on your terrace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the change in medication helps Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of what I know of Parkinsons, it can have little effect on one person and be totally different for another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cherry blossoms are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When my m-i-l was in an assisted living facility, she preferred to stay in her room most of the time, too. She had always been a homebody--she enjoyed her small group of friends, but didn't go out much even when she was younger. It was a challenge for her just to eat meals with a crowd of people 3 times a day. But she was hard of hearing, also, even with hearing aids, and it was hard to understand people in a crowd.

    I'm sorry Rick's situation seems to grow worse. Hopefully the new meds will help.

    I'm so glad your friend is able to stay home and has help available and you had visits with her and your former neighbor. I'm glad the weather is nice enough to sit outside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you have had so much sunny weather. Hope it continues! And those flowering trees are beautiful.
    Yes, hoping that Rick's new meds work to help him.
    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have an uncle and aunt who has parkinson and it so different in both them.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !